Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #1
sculpins4bait

dont leave your keys in your car while unloading

or some scumbag will jump in and drive off with it which is what happened to me at 6:30 this morning in front of the bathrooms. Had my truck backed up to the sidewalk with the keys on the center console while I unloaded my stuff 20 feet to the steps. Grabbed my rods and was puttin em in the rod holders turn around to go get more stuff and its gone. My buddy saw him taking off and chased him to the highway but he got away. Just changed my insurance last week and took off theft, im screwed. starting a new kellogg park vigilante group if anyone is interested
sculpins4bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
igotpron
Xcoastie

Dayyyyyyyuummmm!!!! At least you got your yak?... I lost a beater Honda as a kid, and I only had liability.. 2k car with 2500$ in stereo equip gone!! Then had to pay impound fees to just sign my title over.. After that mistake I've made it a point, if you can't afford a new car outright you can afford full coverage no matter what the vehicle is.

Sorry to hear of your loss man.. Hopefully you get back on your feet soon.
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #3
ful-rac
Emperor

Fuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkk!!!!

No way!

Sorry to hear that !
Old 03-11-2016, 08:39 PM   #4
jorluivil

That sucks.

My daughter had her car stolen twice in one year so I know the feeling. The first time it cost us $1K to get the car back up and running, fucking bastards decides to put a knife in all four tires. For whatever reason the sheriff's department decided to dust the car for prints and to our surprise they got a hit. Seemed odd that they did that because the car was only worth about $3k but regardless, the fingerprints came back some some girl with a record longer than Jim Days reponses

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #5
Raskal311

Same thing happened to my wife about 8 years ago in front of our house. Here is the kicker, because my key was on her chain they came back the following night and took my car too!
Old 03-12-2016, 05:23 AM   #6
HELLSTER INC.

F@#*! $g thieves, lowest scum of the earth. Sorry to hear about that. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
2018 SeaFox 248 Commander

HELLSTER INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:48 AM   #7
bolocop

Description of perp? Maybe the next time we can see them coming.

I wouldn't leave anything like cell phones or wallets on passenger seats or center consoles either.

Sucks about the timing of your insurance change.
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:11 AM   #8
mckenzie

What day was this?
mckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:15 AM   #9
taggermike

That's some bold shit. POS sitting by the toilets at 6:30 am waiting to pounce with the owner 20' away. Sure like to see a guy like that get caught. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #10
Chuck D

That's f...uped dude. Sorry to hear that, shady freaking people everywhere
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:44 AM   #11
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculpins4bait View Post
or some scumbag will jump in and drive off with it which is what happened to me at 6:30 this morning in front of the bathrooms. Had my truck backed up to the sidewalk with the keys on the center console while I unloaded my stuff 20 feet to the steps. Grabbed my rods and was puttin em in the rod holders turn around to go get more stuff and its gone. My buddy saw him taking off and chased him to the highway but he got away. Just changed my insurance last week and took off theft, im screwed. starting a new kellogg park vigilante group if anyone is interested

We should get a cheap beater and set up the same scenario,, just with like 20 of us in every direction hidden, ready to stop them once they hit, kinda like a cop sting Stay strong brother. the big man upstairs works in mysterious ways!
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:40 AM   #12
Cbad Mike

Wow...
That really sucks.
Thanks for the reminder to always be careful but sorry that it came at your expense.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:40 AM   #13
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Damn I know how shitty that is. I had my Camaro stolen once. Worst part was I had a full set of Craftsman tools in the trunk which is probably what they used to strip the car down. It was found in an alley in Santa Ana with no doors and no interior. I had a keyed lugnut on each rim that saved my rims which was weird since the lug key was in the trunk with the tools.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #14
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Two meth-heads had the audacity of stealing my neighbor's car off her driveway in a sleepy neighborhood.

She had a lo-jack. Police nailed them in about 45 minutes from the time she called it in.

12 charges against them for that episode, including possession of drugs and stolen property. Half felonies.

A few weeks in jail, and they were released on probation.

Surfing Internet, I can find 5 different times they've been arrested for similar offenses in San Diego. Drugs, theft, cars.

So what's the moral of this story?

I don't know, but what happened to you really sucks.

If you can get a gaff in them, don't hesitate to land the scum suckers before they run.

Maybe the seals will take over from there.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 03-12-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #15
sculpins4bait

dont leave your keys in your car while unloading

thanks for the condolences still hoping it will turn up in drive able condition cuz I cant afford a new vehicle. If you guys happen to see a 2005 maroon ford escape license plate starting with 7NGK with a thule rollercoaster kayak rack rigged to fit the factory crossbars then call the cops! I know some people around here notice things like kayak racks. this one has the roller on the back that looks like a pizza dough roller to slide it up, not getting my hopes up though. Im usually pretty careful about the keys and not leaving stuff like my phone on my seat while im loading up to go home but not at 6am. The guy was probably watching me and on my 3rd trip to the yak had the timing down and went for it. Sorry I dont have a good description of the guy for you but just be careful at all times. Luckily I do still have my yak and most of my gear who wants to pick me up in kearny mesa?! Ah the memories... gonna miss that truck.

peace

Gary

Last edited by sculpins4bait; 03-15-2016 at 01:18 PM.
sculpins4bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #16
sharonkayak

Sorry To hear about this. I would of been there that morning if I didn't have a job interview. I will make sure to keep my keys on me in the future. Hope they find the person!
sharonkayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #17
Harry Hill

I was reading this and thinking about any time I put my paddling pants on I tend to lay my keys down while doing things, I can't get to my pockets. I won't do that anymore. That guy was watching you and got your timing down, and I think when we are getting ready to fish we aren't watching our surroundings. I hope you get your car back. Was this at LJ? I may want to take my truck down there and leave the keys in the ignition, probably not though, it's a long walk back to Yucaipa with my kayak on the cart.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #18
ronbo613
Waterman At Large

That sucks. La Jolla Shores, being San Diego's most popular beach, is pretty well known for shady characters hanging out, drugs and theft. Actually, any beach in Southern California should be treated as hostile territory. Surfers who put their keys on top of a tire or pinned to a towel on the beach found that out a long time ago.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #19
YakDout
Brandon

They should make a couple episodes of bait car in the parking lot. Try contacting the producer, you never know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:55 AM   #20
BADASS
Junior

I will be looking for your car alpine to southbay every day to work.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk
BADASS is offline   Reply With Quote