Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Heroes On The Water - So Cal Chapter

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #41
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff
 
Kayak_Bernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rolando Village
Posts: 224
Fish Needed for August/ September 2015 Events

With all the yellowtail being caught and posted about please think of HOW if you have extras please let the HOW coordinators or me know ( I have a large chest freezer and I am currently storing fish for HOW events) We currently don't have enough in my freezer for the next event, we have about 1/2 of the amount needed for the next event in August. Nothing for the event in October. So please let SoCal HOW leadership know if you have some extras, and we can coordinate your donation.

Thanks,
Bernie
__________________
Heroes on the Water
SoCal Chapter

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #42
ful-rac
Emperor
 
ful-rac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 3,651
It's probably gonna be easier to set aside a day where all fish will be donated like the rockfish round up. Put something together Bernie!
__________________
There's nothing colder than yesterday's hotdog.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:20 AM   #43
FARRIER
Senior Member
 
FARRIER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cmont []
Posts: 314
bernie im in clairemont and have fish for you guys.
__________________
"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is." –Bill Clinton
FARRIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #44
tacmik
Senior Member
 
tacmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East County
Posts: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
It's probably gonna be easier to set aside a day where all fish will be donated like the rockfish round up. Put something together Bernie!
I'm up for it.
__________________
Heroes on the Water
San Diego Chapter

tacmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:18 AM   #45
summers in kuwait
Senior Member
 
summers in kuwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East County San Diego
Posts: 569
Fish

I would like to donate some fish to HOW.
Im located near El Cajon/La Mesa area.

Todd
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #46
RookieYakker
Senior Member
 
RookieYakker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 121
I think that ful-rac is a regular donator, (I'm not sure if that's a word, but you get it...). If you ahven't heard already, send him a PM
RookieYakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:58 AM   #47
captnblood34
Senior Member
 
captnblood34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Otay
Posts: 704
There are lots of folks here involved in HOW. If you haven't already found someone to take your donated fish for the SoCal Chapter, PM me and I can help put you in touch with someone who can.


J
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:49 PM   #48
FISH11
Member
 
FISH11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pine Valley when not fishing La Jolla
Posts: 2,020
Smile Fish Donation to HOW

As I had hoped when I went fishing to La Jolla on Tuesday the 19th. I got lucky and landed a couple of nice Yellowtail. One about 33lbs and the other about 29lbs, both were fun to catch and were bled and gutted on the water. Came in to the launch and since that was too much weight on the front of the Cuda 14 to lift by the T handle and pull through the sand. I bunged them to the back of the kayak to set the extra weight behind the kayak cart. Of course that only led to the tourist asking " Is that a Tuna?" Fu** **, "Did you catch that out here?" Fu** **, "Can I take a picture of it?" Fu** yes!. Even before going out I already had decided I was going to donate the fish to HOW and I had wanted to get more than one to donate. I got my wish and so will HOW. The fillets are already vacuum sealed in two large bags and frozen. It came to 16.4lbs of fish for the HOW events. If I get some more next week they will also go to HOW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0142_2.jpg (84.8 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0144.jpg (64.1 KB, 120 views)
__________________
MARK. HOBIE REVO 13, JACKSON CUDA 14, MALIBU X13, MALIBU X FACTOR
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #49
Heroes On The Water
Non Profit Organization
 
Heroes On The Water's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
As I had hoped when I went fishing to La Jolla on Tuesday the 19th. I got lucky and landed a couple of nice Yellowtail. One about 33lbs and the other about 29lbs, both were fun to catch and were bled and gutted on the water. Came in to the launch and since that was too much weight on the front of the Cuda 14 to lift by the T handle and pull through the sand. I bunged them to the back of the kayak to set the extra weight behind the kayak cart. Of course that only led to the tourist asking " Is that a Tuna?" Fu** **, "Did you catch that out here?" Fu** **, "Can I take a picture of it?" Fu** yes!. Even before going out I already had decided I was going to donate the fish to HOW and I had wanted to get more than one to donate. I got my wish and so will HOW. The fillets are already vacuum sealed in two large bags and frozen. It came to 16.4lbs of fish for the HOW events. If I get some more next week they will also go to HOW.
WOW.... Thanks Mark. That's very generous and congratulations on the double!
__________________
HEROES ON THE WATER
Southern California Chapter

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Heroes On The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:59 AM   #50
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff
 
Kayak_Bernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rolando Village
Posts: 224
Fish Donations Needed

Hi all,

Please let me know if you have any recent catches that are vacuum sealed and frozen. The SoCal HOW chapter depends on your generous donations to feed our veterans and volunteers! So if you have a little extra please think about donating it to HOW!!

Thanks,
Bernie
__________________
Heroes on the Water
SoCal Chapter

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #51
HobieOneCanoebe
Senior Member
 
HobieOneCanoebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Encinitas
Posts: 200
calico

Do you guys want Calico or Spotted bass legal size of course I catch alot normally just let them go
HobieOneCanoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #52
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff
 
Kayak_Bernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rolando Village
Posts: 224
Let them grow up :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieOneCanoebe View Post
Do you guys want Calico or Spotted bass legal size of course I catch alot normally just let them go

Thanks for thinking of us, but no need to keep any of the bass species (Calico, spotted, sand) They are best left to be caught again. We get great donations of yellowtail, white seabass and halibut. Those species are typically big enough to have extras. So if you get extras of one of those please let us know if you would like to donate to HOW. We really appreciate the willingness of BWE members to supply our fish for the veterans and volunteers!

-Bernie
__________________
Heroes on the Water
SoCal Chapter

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #53
Sheephead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
Are you guys still accepting fish? My freezer is full of YT and since I'm fairly new to kayaking still I'd still like to keep the 25+ pounders for my kayaking diary! I fish 4-5 days a week so if I keep one to give away I'd chose not to fillet it. It would only be bled, gutted, and iced. Is that ok?
Sheephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #54
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff
 
Kayak_Bernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rolando Village
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheephead View Post
Are you guys still accepting fish? My freezer is full of YT and since I'm fairly new to kayaking still I'd still like to keep the 25+ pounders for my kayaking diary! I fish 4-5 days a week so if I keep one to give away I'd chose not to fillet it. It would only be bled, gutted, and iced. Is that ok?
Hey there,

we currently aren't accepting donations that aren't filleted and vacuumed sealed. Because all of us are volunteers, we usually don't have time to filet and deal with breaking down a big fish. I really appreciate the offer and if you would like to donate sealed and filleted fish please dont hesitate to let me know. This is not meant to be a pain, but we want the freshest fish for our vets and we previously have had issues with improperly stored fish and non-fileted fish which make the event day very difficult.

Thanks for thinking of us, and we always love new volunteers to our events! Come see us this Saturday at Tidelands Park at 7 am

Cheers,

Bernie
__________________
Heroes on the Water
SoCal Chapter

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:34 AM   #55
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter
 
MITCHELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Posts: 1,215
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
I can bring some....

Shrimp ceviche tostadas and
Yt salad with crackers for October 22 tidelands
__________________
Duke Mitchell
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.