Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

WSB and Sexy Bikini!!

Now that I got your attention, read below this sexy beast, and Corey... FRONT PAGE!

This letter writing thing should be on the order of D-DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Less than a week for your letters to make an impact.

Lots of kayakers fishing la jolla, I counted 20-something on TUESDAY, not Saturday, not MID AUGUST!! Frickin TUESDAY AM!

We have legislators on our side, we need the guy below to allow a legislative review of MLPA.

Todays letter, cut n paste this one, can't make it any easier... Go ahead, and Fax it!!!!

April 1, 2009
The Honorable Darrell Steinberg
President Pro Tempore
State Capitol, Room 205
Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Senator Steinberg:

The Marine Life Protection Act process requires oversight by the Legislature to ensure compliance with the law. I urge the Senate to exercise its oversight authority to investigate the numerous conflicts-of-interest in the MLPA process; the lack of funding to adequately carry out the program; and the inequitable single focus on fishing to fix the ocean. Further, I urge the Senate to investigate the cost of implementing the MLPA in light of California’s unprecedented budget shortfall. Without funding for science, monitoring and enforcement, huge sections of the ocean will be closed to fishing forever. This will unnecessarily impact the economy of coastal businesses and seafood consumers at the worst possible time in this terrible recession.

Thank you for considering my views.

Name
Address
City, CA zip
Phone number

Please call Senator Steinberg's office with this message and also print it out and Fax it today! His numbers are:
Phone – 916-651-4006
FAX - 916-323-2263
THIS IS IMPORTANT!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
Sebastian

Thanks for making this so easy!
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Joe F. a spearo put this together, no cut n paste, just print, and type your info...

anyone? (echo sound)

PS: thanks To Adi for setting up the Letter/PFD feature on this site!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Senate Probe letter 1.doc (26.5 KB, 250 views)
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
Corey

Man, I'm hot. Fax has been sent. Thanks for working on this, Chris.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
Billy V

Oh God......My Eyes !
------------------

Seriously Though.......

Where are All our Fisherman from this Forum ?? I know our people are more than generous with fishing assistance out on the water, and with advice here in this forum.

-The Professional Guides, The Dads, The Locals, The Guys who travel 2 Hours just have a chance at our quality fish.

-Chris has made it very easy for every member here to correspond -
Please take the time to "at least cut and paste" the letter Chris has posted above and Mail it, and Fax it to the address He has posted.

You can also send letters signed from your Wife, Son, Daughter, Cat, and Dog.
-It all helps to offset the EcoTerrorists that are Flooding this corrupt MLPA Process with Real Money, lots of time, and letters.

Thanks in Advance.
Billy V

Last edited by Billy V; 04-02-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
MalibuJohnny

Thumbs up Letter sent

Done!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

OK guys good news!! Our voices have been heard, this is a VICTORY!!!

We can stop sending letters to The Honorable Darrell Steinberg, as described in my this post.

Quote:
WOW!
Misssion accomplishd. This from our lobby reps:

Just talked to George Osborn, he said the MISSION HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED, the Senator's office has been buried with calls. We need to back off at this point.

Jim Martin / RFA
This means, that they may be willing to allow a legislative review of MLPA. Great job!!!

However, please continue to send letters to all the other legislators, the Terminator, the SAT members. I will bump that thread...

Last edited by Holy Mackerel; 04-02-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
-scallywag-
Banned

i modified some VOIP software at work to call the senators office every half hour with numerous different recordings of me and some co-worker voicing our opitions about the MLPA, it also cycles thru each of our 10 phone lines so the messages and call from # will be different each time (about 60 variations at this point).....also sent some faxes...if you have access to a VOIP system and a mic for your comp I can help set up a similar harrassment progam for you, PM me!!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
-scallywag-
Banned

DAMN!!!! i need the numbers of the good folks who should be harrassed...
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
travelin_lite
Junior

thats a nice gun!
travelin_lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
Fritz
Junior

MLPA

Thanks for the letter. My dogs, kids, wife and myself have all sent in our letters and spoke with Barbara on the phone.

Appreciate the heads up!!
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #12
DENNYh

Faxed......company work time put to good use!
DENNYh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #13
Grego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
Oh God......My Eyes !
------------------

Seriously Though.......

Where are All our Fisherman from this Forum ?? I know our people are more than generous with fishing assistance out on the water, and with advice here in this forum.

-The Professional Guides, The Dads, The Locals, The Guys who travel 2 Hours just have a chance at our quality fish.

Billy V
I'll let PAL, Mugu and Chris attest to what the guys up in LA have been doing.....and YOUR area isn't the only area being affected.

And Corey...you liar...you told me you waxed the bikin line for me....bitch
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Just updated, please keep sending in this letter via snail mail... We have made our point via fax and phone, but we DO NOT want to seem overly aggressive, and tie up their state business, it could backfire on us. Sending this letter to Darrell Steinberg is STILL needed.

By the way, feel free to fax/phone anyone else on any of the lists I have posted.... Just "cease fire" on calling or faxing The Honorable Darrell Steinberg, but again, keep this letter going, it is pretty easy!

April 1, 2009
The Honorable Darrell Steinberg
President Pro Tempore
State Capitol, Room 205
Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Senator Steinberg:

The Marine Life Protection Act process requires oversight by the Legislature to ensure compliance with the law. I urge the Senate to exercise its oversight authority to investigate the numerous conflicts-of-interest in the MLPA process; the lack of funding to adequately carry out the program; and the inequitable single focus on fishing to fix the ocean. Further, I urge the Senate to investigate the cost of implementing the MLPA in light of California’s unprecedented budget shortfall. Without funding for science, monitoring and enforcement, huge sections of the ocean will be closed to fishing forever. This will unnecessarily impact the economy of coastal businesses and seafood consumers at the worst possible time in this terrible recession.

Thank you for considering my views.

Name
Address
City, CA zip
Phone number

Please call Senator Steinberg's office with this message and also print it out and Fax it today! His numbers are:
Phone – 916-651-4006
FAX - 916-323-2263
THIS IS IMPORTANT!