Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
fredhook1

la jolla 8-31-06

launched at 5am to small waves UNTIL i head out and i got hit 3 times in the chest from swells that came out of nowhere Haha. made bait real quick on the northside of the pier about 18 greenies and spanish. i noticed most of the plastic boaters were on the south end and pickins looked slow i concidered yelling out but i didn't wanna look like a moron so i continued to pick up 3-4 baits at a time. straight out from the pier and then to the NW corner the water was glass and no wind to speak of. hit 110 feet of water off the point and my flylined greenie goes off i engage the reel and bendo into a 24 pounder. i continue working south and pick up 2 firecrackers just south of the hotel/condo/eyesore in 70-80 feet. i decide to head back north thinking the current and wind may come up and i'll have to battle it coming in. i get back to the original spot and and have a wide open yellowtail bite. picked up one then another then another then another. i would land one, bait up, drop it back in and wham another one is on. i had 3 on board already and released all the rest. i even hooked one on my brand new jimijig but unfortunatly this one came loose. ended the day with my all time high of 9 yellows this was and epic day for me and i think i may have stumbled into the right spot at the right time
fredhook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
dorado50

Way to go Fred!! It's so cool to be right on top of them. Next time I'm going to follow you around!!!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote