Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
fredhook1

la jolla 8-25 pm report

decided to try a pm shift after a long day of jury duty. launched around 520 and went to the can for bait. it was slow pickings for about 15 min until a good sized bait ball came up and i loaded up with 8 macs, 3 greenies and 5 spans. went to the NW corner and trolled a line high and one low. the low line gets hit hard and screams like mad i grab the rod only to find my mac is gone. rebait and down again it go's. 5min later the low rig screams again i grab the rod and nada. i reel it in and see that i still have my mac but right under my mac i see a huge shadow following it up. HOLY MAC it's a huge BSB, scared the crap out of me. i've never seen a fish that big before especially right underneith me. the monster sinks back down into the depths and disappears. i pick up a couple bonies an then i'm down to 3 macs. i rig up and begin the troll again i reach 75 feet NW corner and both my reels scream at once. i pop 1 in gear and bendo i put it back in the rod holder lighten the drag and hope for the best, then i pop 2 in gear and bendo i horse the little firecracker to the end of my gaff and start my other rod, now back to rod #1 half my line is now gone but as i gain ground i see a furball closing in on me i realize it's a horse race now and it i dont get this in quick i'll be feeding this guy a yellowtail dinner. the yellowtail was over matched and came in pretty easy thanks to 50" spectra with 30 pound topshot. got him to the boat and i could see he was spent i still had the gaff in the other yellow so i just grabbed him with my hand and plopped the little guy into the yak. i wanted to be in by sunset so i paddled in. total count 3 bonies and 2 yellows
fredhook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

AMs PMs seems like you can go out anytime of the day and get em. Good job on a quick trip to the fresh fish market.