Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
GregAndrew

What is the biggest thing you have put on your game clip?

A very weird set of circumstances put me in the right place just in the nick of time. I was fishing the inside all morning but had to use the restroom, so I went in and did my business. I start to paddle back out, and for some reason, I beat feet for the channel which I had not fished in a couple weeks. Earlier in the morning I saw a yakker with a couple of paddleboarders, and that is what I thought I saw near one of the last mooring buoys as I paddled out (a guy in a yak next to a guy at water level). Needless to say, that was not what it was. When I got in earshot (still could not see the submerged kayak) I yelled "You need any help?" And hear back "His kayak sunk". I paddle up to see an almost totally submerged kayak with the driver still holding a couple rods and trying to reel them in, and his partners tiny kayak full of the rest of his stuff. They had called Vessle Assist, but of course VA had gone the wrong direction and was nowhere in sight. By another weird coincidence, there was no safety or security boats in the vicinity for the 20+ minutes that everything played out. I tell them that I can tow the yak to the bait barge (1/4 mile away) if the guy in the other yak can tow his buddy over there.
So that is what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqg-N8GB4OI
Yes, I did tow it the whole way with my game clip. And to make this a "fish report", I caught 1 short Hali and 1 Sculpin. One before and one after the incident, but I can't tell you which (can't give away all my secrets).

Last edited by GregAndrew; 04-29-2012 at 09:46 PM.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote