Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #21
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Cool video Ryan, thanks for sharing that.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #22
StinkyMatt

Ryan, please tell all the guys here that the video was shot in Jamaica! It was in the sixties and the actual part of the island has since been blown up!

People, the kid has the SPIRIT and skills that many on here lack. Let him enjoy sharing his stories. Stop pissing on each others' backs.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #23
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Ryan, please tell all the guys here that the video was shot in Jamaica! It was in the sixties and the actual part of the island has since been blown up!

People, the kid has the SPIRIT and skills that many on here lack. Let him enjoy sharing his stories. Stop pissing on each others' backs.

Nuff said. This kid will change his avatar soon...giving the finger to all of us. The grin will be gone as well. Darn early age to be learning stinkeye...
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #24
Vikingj

Nice father/son team work. Looks like you got a great kid and you are teaching him well! Thanks for sharing.
Wayne
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #25
DESTROYER

Wherever you were Ryan, nicely done! Nothing better than hearing the excitement of a future fisherman and waterman! WTG!

FYI- Deleted my posts because you guys are right, this can be settled away from this thread. Tight Lines!
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #26
THE DARKHORSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Nice work Ryan, cool video!

Supremebeing is obviously superhardcore. The cliffs are no secret, this isn't the seventies man. Crawl back under your abalone shell. But Josh do you really have to drop the bomb (surf spot deleted)?? Now I suppose you're going to tell me there's WSB at the cliffs too??!!?

Try look for bugs at the jetty bro... the boys down there are mo friendly!

I couldn't agree more, Chris. I deleted the name of the surf-spot in my post so maybe you should, too? Some places need to be protected and I do respect the locals in that regard. That goes for any surf-spot, not just the spots that are most coveted. The locals run all the best lineups and that will never, never change. Besides, the last thing we want is to make the Wind N' Sea locals---and the Hospitals locals mad, too. The next thing you know the Bird Rock Bandits are going to jump in! So from that perspective, we probably shouldn't name any spots?

I was, like many probably were too, a bit disturbed by the the hardcore local-ism approach, though---attached to--- an awesome post with a father and son enjoying the outdoors . I typically try to stay out of this kind of stuff, but that just didn't rub me the right way.

Besides, the facts are, some places regulate themselves---if you know what I mean? Whether it's the consequences of the waves, or the the domination of the locals, on every set-wave that comes through .

Matt, I apologize that I found it amusing you looked at the video and Said Wind N' Sea or Hospitals. No offense, but anyone's who's been on either beach, looking in the background knows there's tons and tons of landmarks . If it were places without such distinguishable landmarks it wouldn't have been so funny. I shouldn't have written anything, so for that I'm sorry.

For those who don't know: At Hospitals you would have, for example, Bishops, perhaps a portion of the condo, and in the distance, Blacks. No to mention that well known golf course!

Wind N' Sea: the landmarks are also, no where near close to the video---which showed nothing but, well, cliffs made of dirt for the most part. At Wind N' Sea you have all the multi-million dollar Homes in the background, trees, beautiful landscaped beaches, with giant boulder type rock on the beach during the Winter months. I wouldn't find this amusing if Matt wasn't so acquainted with these areas. He's made a drift past these places, how many times? This post was purely made in jest. I'm sorry if it was taken for anything more than that.

I was just about to post on this thread and already knew what I was going to say: "I didn't know Justin Bierber had the lobsters on lock, too."

By the way, Ryan, don't take that the wrong way. You may not have Bieber-Fever like the rest of the country. So if he kind of drives you nuts, too, I meant that post as a compliment. It simply means, you've got a special spark, Kid!

Most of all, Can we please get back to this original post with a positive message? We've got another angler in the the world---good job dad!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #27
DESTROYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
Matt, I apologize that I found it amusing you looked at the video and Said Wind N' Sea or Hospitals. No offense, but anyone's who's been on either beach, looking in the background knows there's tons and tons of landmarks . If it were places without such distinguishable landmarks it wouldn't have been so funny. I shouldn't have written anything, so for that I'm sorry.
Accepted!

No hard feelings!
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #28
ryan111

hey Josh thanks for sticking up for me! i was with my dad running on the beach when I met you last summer at the launch- you were with Wade. you gave me some awesome advice on kayak fishing!
P.S. I like Justin Bieber as much as getting my line snagged on kelp
Old 02-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #29
THE DARKHORSE

Anytime, Ryan---like many on this site---I've got your back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan111 View Post
hey Josh thanks for sticking up for me! i was with my dad running on the beach when I met you last summer at the launch- you were with Wade. you gave me some awesome advice on kayak fishing!
P.S. I like Justin Bieber as much as getting my line snagged on kelp

I'm stoked if any advice I gave you on the beach helped, my pleasure.

And, there's nothing wrong with getting snagged on the kelp this time of year. That just means you're fishing in the right spot .
Old 02-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #30
ryan111

thanks to all of you who liked it!!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:44 AM   #31
Aaron&Julie

Awesome video, and catch results, Ryan and father. You've got that low-tide lobstering down.
Sorry about 2nd guessing the size on one of your previous catch. Those were obviously legal and nice sized ones to boot. Congratulations.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #32
YakMedic

Awesome job, its good to see you having that much fun with your dad out there. Keep it up.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #33
maui jim

I still say its near the dam on the east end
And don't my boy look super stoked in my pic.....
Old 02-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #34
Sherm

And I used to paddle a long way to get to that spot. I should have just gone for a dip.

Nice job with Dad. Looks like a waterman is in the making. Keep it up.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #35
Amish Ed

Great post. BTW, the kid ASKED for people to guess the spot.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #36
Caffeind

Lobster huntin by day! That's awesome in and of itself! Great post.
Caffeind is offline   Reply With Quote