Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 03-17-2022, 08:00 AM   #1
FISH11

La Jolla 3-15-2022 on the Solo Skiff, heavy on nature.

Another trip out of LJ in the search for Spring time Yellowtail. The day started with a heavy marine layer and only partially cleared at times. Scouted many areas looking for bait and good marks on the FF, to try and find some schools. Only managed a few macs and several undersized rock fish, the rock fish were descended to grow bigger. Was not able to find any boiling Yellowtail, but I was lucky enough to have several pods of Dolphin come around and play, allowing me to get some good video of them playing around my Solo Skiff and putting on a show. Seeing the Dolphins at LJ always makes me smile and enjoy their presence. Thanks for watching. Tight Lines!

Old 03-17-2022, 08:35 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Nice weather and clips of the porpoise. I would have been tempted to bomb a sabiki through the heavy meter marks. Vicariously enjoyed--Thanks.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:59 PM   #3
Nobody

The New Seaforth marked a large school of homeguards the other day down on the bottom (not sure of the depth but looked to be in the 200 ft range). They even yoyo'd and didn't get them to chew but I'm sure if you have some fluoro and a mack down there, they might not be so shy.
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:56 AM   #4
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Nice weather and clips of the porpoise. I would have been tempted to bomb a sabiki through the heavy meter marks. Vicariously enjoyed--Thanks.
I tried many things at different great FF marks. The sound on the video isn't great and I think I mentioned at times I was trolling the sabiki as well as the Nomad. Other times I stopped and cast or yo yo colt sniper, Salas 6X, etc.. I found it odd to not catch some Calicos, ect.. Descended several small rock fish and did not spend much time trying to find a good rock fish spot. Some of it was the wind and current made it hard to stay on a spot very long.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:03 AM   #5
bajadog
I eats what I kills

Thanks for the video!
Old 03-30-2022, 08:45 AM   #6
easyday

Nice report Mark! How have you been man?
Old 03-30-2022, 04:22 PM   #7
FISH11

Hanging in there. Trying to roll with all the changes in weather. Still try to get out to LJ but fishing has been slow for some time, when looking for those larger trophy fish. Good to see you out there. Seen you in some of San Dogs (Glenn's) videos.