Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 07-12-2022, 05:52 PM   #1
JohnMckroidJr

Hobie Pro Angler 14

Kayak includes Hobie Livewell, Beach Wheels, two rod holders, Ram mounted Raymarine Dragonfly 7 chirp fishfinder with Navionics chip and protected lithium battery.

Premium SOLAS reflective tape on sides for better night visibility.

The kayak is ready for fishing and has a hull that gets bit!

Located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Own a Kayak with a lucky track record for catching fish! Free guided offshore trip for anyone who comes back East to buy this kayak.

$2700

Last edited by JohnMckroidJr; 07-14-2022 at 09:45 AM.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:22 AM   #2
fishnfoool

I live in California but am currently on the east coast. Since there is no price listed. I'm assuming it's free? If it is free, I'll take it.
fishnfoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:46 AM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfoool View Post
I live in California but am currently on the east coast. Since there is no price listed. I'm assuming it's free? If it is free, I'll take it.
LOL, Thanks for pointing out that I failed to post the price. Sorry, not for free.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:44 PM   #4
Salty

Amazing setup and probably one of the fishiest hulls on the East Coast! Gotta ask though, why are you selling?? Upgrading to a new setup?
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:53 AM   #5
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Amazing setup and probably one of the fishiest hulls on the East Coast! Gotta ask though, why are you selling?? Upgrading to a new setup?
Thanks Salty, I am selling because I have moved over to the dark side (gas power).

Originally I was going to do the conversion on the Papaya PA14, but a newer one fully modified became available for less than it was going to cost to convert, so I opted to buy it and sell my papaya fish slayer.

So far nothing significant on the motorized kayak, but the potential is huge. Even though it is slower than a solo skiff, it has more capacity, comfort, and the option for the mirage drive. When I am over a wreck jigging, the mirage is super handy for fine-tuning one's position to keep the jig vertical and control proximity to structure. No more having to come in because the current is too strong. No more getting too tired to troll the downrigger deep. No more one hr to pedal from the bait grounds to the fishing zone. No more intimidation regarding pedaling out to 1000ft to look for Mahi. I suspect that once I get the bugs ironed out, this yak is going to open up a lot of opportunities. I won't run it faster than 5kts, and most of the time in seas down around 3kts, but physical exhaustion has essentially been taken out of the equation.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:49 AM   #6
BenCantrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Good luck with the sale!

Can I ride on that mesh platform? I hear I'm good luck.
BenCantrell is offline   Reply With Quote