Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
philr21

Weekend in Korea in Video....

Fished the NakDong river. Got about 20 gangjunchi (river tarpon/predatory carp) each day, mostly small. Averaged ten bass a day for three days, last day only got 6. Lost the biggest, (shown in the video).

Quality would be better but Vimeo limits restricted quality a bit.

Still learning this GoPro stuff, but hope you enjoy. The fish chasing the spinnerbait was a three lip chub, caught him on the next cast.I'll post a pic tomorrow as its 1 am here.

Hope you enjoy the video, a bit long. Need to figure out how to fast forward fish fighting scenes a bit.

philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
philr21

One thing I wished I had caught on the video was the bass that jumped into the back of the kayak. And it was never even hooked! Was reeling the jig up, felt some taps, pulled the lure out of the water and in a delayed reaction a small 10" bass jumped into the back of the kayak!?! A first for me, just threw him back. Frustrated as I had just shut off the video to save battery.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
wade

Thanks for putting up your adventures from across the pond. I really appreciate seeing the sights from elsewhere..I am surprised more of the lurkers abroad dont..(Mr Portugal is a bit overdue I believe..)

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
philr21

Thanks. I figured video was probably too long for most, or not too many folks care about fishing in Korea. I figure eventually though, someone in the military like myself will be headed this way and may like to know what's around.

Here's the pics I needed to resize to upload. Fishing from moonset to moonrise.... long days on the water. The fish with the hooked jaw is the one that was chasing the spinnerbait blade.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #5
philr21

And the fish with the hooked jaw is the one that was chasing the spinnerbait. Helps if I attach the photo.

With all the new technology, I still like these old school Phenix's....
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #6
jruiz
Large Member

I remember a couple months ago you had a couple of issues with your yak. Looks like you have everything dialed in. What seat did you end up with?
jruiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #7
philr21

J- Using the same seat, just ended up ordering the Hobie inflatable pad. Man, what a difference! Easy to use an my legs don't go numb from no padding. Velcro really holds it in place too, I forgot to take it off before heading down the road and it stayed on the entire way. Don't recommend trying that one though.

Now trying to rig a PVC rod holder setup for the back. All the PVC here is in mm, so working with 30mm and 40mm PVC. Stupid 30 mm pipe only fits in the rod holders about an inch or two. I wonder if Hobie increased the size of their rod holders over the years? Still trying to figure that one out. And certain parts like 4-ways are hard to find.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #8
jruiz
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philr21 View Post
J-
Now trying to rig a PVC rod holder setup for the back. All the PVC here is in mm, so working with 30mm and 40mm PVC. Stupid 30 mm pipe only fits in the rod holders about an inch or two. I wonder if Hobie increased the size of their rod holders over the years? Still trying to figure that one out. And certain parts like 4-ways are hard to find.
Phil,

IIRC even English system don't fit perfectly. It's very common for do it yourselfers to heat gun or shave off their custom pvc rod holders to get that perfect snug fit. Half of kayak fishing is being a Macgyver
jruiz is online now   Reply With Quote