Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
jorluivil

Team Sewer @ FHS

Well, it came, we saw, it went away………the 2017 FHS show is officially in the history books.

As far as our seminar goes, I think my portion of it could have gone a little better, I was a little unprepared. However, Greg and his videos were awesome! While the videos were playing I noticed a few people stopped and watched, if you can get random people to stop, watch and listen you’re definitely doing something right. I didn’t do much window shopping, it seems to be the same thing every year, about the only thing that I walked away with was some Promar hoopnet stickers and some of the yellow DFW stickers. In the short time that I did walk around the show I did see a really cool item at the King of the Crawl booth, they were selling weighted rings that attach to the bottom ring of the hoopnet, at $5 each it was well worth it…..I should have listened to Tony and picked a few up but I was too lazy to go back to the booth when we were done.

On the way back to my truck after lunch we were stopped by a small group that was in the audience at our seminar(I forgot his name), he asked us a few questions, it made me few good that someone in the audience was there to learn from what we had to say and not just to take a load off their feet. The highlight of my weekend was when I backed into a parking stall that some guy was saving for his mom, his mom turned out to be his buddies, he wasn’t too happy that I starting backing into the spot and made him move.

Anyway, here’s a few pics from the show………………nothing exciting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170304_184327.jpg (72.0 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg 20170305_145924.jpg (62.4 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg 20170305_175153.jpg (44.8 KB, 234 views)

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
Baja_Traveler

Ha Ha - 7 guys in the audience, and two weren't even paying attention!

Believe me - if I was there I would have been all ears and taking notes!

Looking forward to Del Mar so I can get my fix in...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #3
ful-rac
Emperor

Old 03-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
YakHanded
Thread Killer - sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
This photo makes me v'happy

Glad it went well! bummed to miss Long beach this year going to SD few weeks!

Last edited by YakHanded; 03-06-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: whoops
YakHanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #5
Cbad Mike

It's nice to see that Jorge and Robbie brought their slow son Mike to the show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170307_093645.jpg (80.4 KB, 121 views)
Old 03-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
King Saba

Looks like it was a lot of fun. I think you guys need to tell some team sewer stories to attract more attention.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #7
tacmik

Of course if you put on the seminar in S.D. You would have a larger audience as the fishermen in S.D. are more knowledgeable and appreciative of your endeavors.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:56 PM   #8
Phishphood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Well, it came, we saw, it went away………the 2017 FHS show is officially in the history books.

As far as our seminar goes, I think my portion of it could have gone a little better, I was a little unprepared. However, Greg and his videos were awesome! While the videos were playing I noticed a few people stopped and watched, if you can get random people to stop, watch and listen you’re definitely doing something right. I didn’t do much window shopping, it seems to be the same thing every year, about the only thing that I walked away with was some Promar hoopnet stickers and some of the yellow DFW stickers. In the short time that I did walk around the show I did see a really cool item at the King of the Crawl booth, they were selling weighted rings that attach to the bottom ring of the hoopnet, at $5 each it was well worth it…..I should have listened to Tony and picked a few up but I was too lazy to go back to the booth when we were done.

On the way back to my truck after lunch we were stopped by a small group that was in the audience at our seminar(I forgot his name), he asked us a few questions, it made me few good that someone in the audience was there to learn from what we had to say and not just to take a load off their feet. The highlight of my weekend was when I backed into a parking stall that some guy was saving for his mom, his mom turned out to be his buddies, he wasn’t too happy that I starting backing into the spot and made him move.

Anyway, here’s a few pics from the show………………nothing exciting
What yellow stickers?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote