Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
LSmoot

SD Bay Pepper Park 2/17/14

I finally made my way down to the Pepper Park launch for a try at some Bone Fish or whatever else would bite. It was an 8:00 am launch and I finished by 11:00 am. Water temp: 63 F. The bay was like glass until about 9:30, then the wind picked up. Overall, a very beautiful day in the bay (as usual).

After failing to find some ghost shrimp, I decided to use a white curly tailed grub on a 3/8 oz. head. It produced lots of bites, but only three Spotties and a 17" Halibut ended up in my kayak. I took a pic. of the Hali, and sent him swimming. Anyway, I had a blast kayak fishing this part of the bay, as I knew I would.

Next time I go to Pepper Park I'll be sure to get their earlier, as the water and wind conditions in the morning seemed to produce more bites, and it was much easier to keep my lure on the bottom.
Attached Images

LSmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
buddha

If you want bonefish in the south bay Bayside Park in Chula Vista is a better spot.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
LSmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
If you want bonefish in the south bay Bayside Park in Chula Vista is a better spot.
Thanks for the advice. Will have to try that area.
LSmoot is offline   Reply With Quote