Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
LSmoot

LJ This Friday

Anyone going to LJ this Friday morning (the 28th) and want a partner?
LSmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #2
2-Stix

I am. Its my first time out there. So don't expect much. Lol. Do you want to hook up? You get out there often or know the area? I am driving down from Ventura hoping to get on my first Yellowtail and looking to fish with someone that has the place dialed in.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
LSmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Stix View Post
I am. Its my first time out there. So don't expect much. Lol. Do you want to hook up? You get out there often or know the area? I am driving down from Ventura hoping to get on my first Yellowtail and looking to fish with someone that has the place dialed in.
Sorry to disappoint, but it is my first time as well. But I'm in if you're in. The blind leading the blind. Should be fun.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
2-Stix

Fine by me. Some of the bite looks to be early in the 6 o'clock hour. Not sure what location to park at, or where to paddle/peddle to. Look around and ask around on here and lets see what we can come up with.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
LSmoot

I have kayaked there before, just never fished, so I can tell you that parking is rough. We'll have to drop the yaks at the beach and I'll watch the yaks while you park and vice versa. You have to park on the street about a block away.

As far as paddling out, I have a navionics app on my phone, so that will help us get past the MLPA zone.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
kjsdad619
Just a Salty Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSmoot View Post
I have kayaked there before, just never fished, so I can tell you that parking is rough. We'll have to drop the yaks at the beach and I'll watch the yaks while you park and vice versa. You have to park on the street about a block away.

As far as paddling out, I have a navionics app on my phone, so that will help us get past the MLPA zone.
The first trip out is always an adventure! Once you get past the white buoy that you can't miss paddling out you are out of the MLPA zone..that is where allot of people start looking for bait. Good luck!!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:37 AM   #7
LSmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsdad619 View Post
The first trip out is always an adventure! Once you get past the white buoy that you can't miss paddling out you are out of the MLPA zone..that is where allot of people start looking for bait. Good luck!!
This contradicts another thread, which states that the white buoy is not the correct marker, and that you still need to paddle another 0.2 miles out to go beyond the MLPA.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #8
2-Stix

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSmoot View Post

I have a few apps also as well as wheels for my yak. So I can wait while you park. I'm ready for action. Bringing chovies to chum with to make bait.

Last edited by 2-Stix; 08-26-2015 at 01:33 PM.