Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 11-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
Olskkul

2004 Hobie Mirage Classic

Original 2004 Hobie Mirage single (now Classic), complete, in superb condition.

Has the original drive system with the SS sprockets, I believe. These were changed to plastic in 2006, and were still plastic in the 2008 models. 2009 Mirage Drives are better, but not neccesarily better than the original.

Stock to the bone! Mod to your wishes. Includes the rudder system, seat back, Hobie paddle, and Mirage Drive pedal system. As pictured.

We have two, as seen in pic. Purchased new from Ron at Fastlane by elderly parents, have seen very little use, always stored indoors until recently, age, stroke, and economics forces sale. Buy one or both. $995 each, near mint condition.

Available separately: complete Yakima or Thule roof rack systems, w or wo new Yakima/Thule kayak carriers (J-cradle setup or saddle setup), kayak dolly, and 4 brand new rod holders (Scotty baitcasters, new new new.)

I'm selling for my parents. For tech info, call or better, go see Ron at FastLane. If you need a test drive on the Mirage Drive system, see Ron.
If you need the NEW drive system, bring your checkbook to Ron.

If you'd like to buy our nice used Mirage Classic, or see it at SDYC, email me.
:reel ing:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hobie Mirage SDYC.jpg (58.9 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Hobie Mirage diagram.jpg (32.8 KB, 195 views)
Olskkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
jbusbee83
Junior

A 2004...

...close to 1,000? They're selling 2008's used for that much..... I would be interested if the price were a bit better.

Joel
jbusbee83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
Drew

While the classic Mirage is an interesting boat and probably the fastest pedal kayak Hobie ever made it's applications for fishing are very limited. It's kinda wet and has almost no storage areas. Good recreation boat!
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, hobie, mirage, outback, revolution