Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > West Coast Whoppers - Archive > West Coast Whoppers 2008

Old 06-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #21
dorado50

Relax boys, no need to go in the defensive mode here just asking some questions thats all! Didn't mean to upset anyone. If my questions are "out of bounds" sorry....
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #22
steamroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Relax boys, no need to go in the defensive mode here just asking some questions thats all! Didn't mean to upset anyone. If my questions are "out of bounds" sorry....
No worries Dave.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #23
esdees
The Good Clone

I don't see a need to place special restrictions on the OEX/BWE guys. The ones that I know have all shown a great sense of integrity, just like most other fishermen I know.

However, I do agree with Dave that certified weights should be required for all jackpots (not just the monthly, which I believe is all that is called out in the current rules). I would even go so far as to request that the option of using a hand scale (or any non-certified scale) for regular submissions (not just jackpot contenders) be removed. This just removes the possibility of someone unknowingly weighing a fish on an inaccurate scale. With only six fish in a year, this could easily come down to ounces.

Now if only I could catch a fish worthy of a certified weight...

Last edited by esdees; 06-25-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: clarification
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #24
dorado50

Now its coming together, OEX and BWE are the same so therefore all the guys that "work for" or "sponsored" by OEX also are related to BWE in some capacity. I did not know this! Three fourths ( don't quote me on this one, just throwing out a number) of all contestants that are entered in WCW are oex-bwe guys, this therefore answers one of my questions, the majority rules and that there is not just one or two "judges" as I had assumed. Thanks for your patience!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #25
dgax65
Guerro Grande

I have no problem with the current rules for WCW. Participation by those affiliated with OEX shouldn't be an issue. They have been involved in every WCW tournament since the beginning (back when it was just a little contest amongst friends). Some people are acting like this is some sort of million dollar McDonald's contest or the state lottery; it isn't. WCW is just a local fishing tournament where we compete with our FRIENDS for a little cash, beer and, most importantly, bragging rights. As far as I'm concerned we can trust our friends at OEX. Don't lose sight of what is important; it's supposed to be FUN.

If you think you can't trust your friends you should start your own tournament, have lawyers write up the rules and hire rent-a-cops to go out and monitor the fishing. That sounds fun
I'm sure you'll get lots of participants.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #26
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavster View Post
Aside from the monthly and yearly jackpots, are there any prizes
for the overall WCW 2008 winners?
We're working with sponsors, and will continue bringing in goodies to award to top placed anglers. The prize list will be announced soon. If you're interested in sponsoring the WCW 08, please contact marketing @ bigwatersedge.com (without spaces) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
1. Anyone else for an IGFA Cert at OEX LJ for these JPs?

2. How do we register for the year long?

3. Can we get our JP money back if we don't catch any fish?

1. We are trying to make that happen - we have been for quite some time now. There are multiple obstacles in the way. If we manage to get the certified scale setup in OEX La Jolla, we will make an announcement on the forum to inform everyone.

2. Unlike previous WCW seasons, there is no registration for WCW08. Catch an eligible fish and submit it according to the rules and you're in WCW 08. Optional JackPots are a different story - you must be register before you catch a fish to be eligible to submit that fish.

3. No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Am I correct in assuming here that: 1). all jackpot fish must be weighed from a certified scale in order to win that jackpot and/or big fish catagory. 2). that no BWE moderator or employee is entered in this contest to avoid pregidous or bais opinions. 3). any jackpot fish that is weighed from a hand scale may be disputed?.
1. Yes. See the #8 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...92&postcount=8)

2. No. WCW has no entry restrictions based on forum or company associations.

3. Yes. JackPot fish must be submitted with certified weight or it won't be accepted - see the #8 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...92&postcount=8)
WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #27
Rusty

1. We are trying to make that happen - we have been for quite some time now. There are multiple obstacles in the way. If we manage to get the certified scale setup in OEX La Jolla, we will make an announcement on the forum to inform everyone.

2. Unlike previous WCW seasons, there is no registration for WCW08. Catch an eligible fish and submit it according to the rules and you're in WCW 08. Optional JackPots are a different story - you must be register before you catch a fish to be eligible to submit that fish.[/quote]

Gracias for the clarifications. That would be sweet if you can get a scale in OEX PL.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #28
jscott

It is possible that a JP fish could be caught somewhere other than LJ and not close to an OEX store for certified weight. Keep that in mind. Baja fish, OC fish, LA fish, Malibu fish, Ventura Fish, etc..
jscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #29
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

WCW 2008 Sponsors & Prizes have been announced on the following thread:

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=3650

The placement on WCW Leader-board will determine the order in which the prizes will be picked out... It will be up to top placed anglers to chose their prize... sure thing, following the order they placed on the WCW Leader board.

We will be updating the list as we go.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:11 AM   #30
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Nice. Thanks to all the sponsors. More prizes to go around for more people. Looks even better than last year, and it's free .

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #31
herefishyfishy!

Thanks BWE team for all the hard work you do to make the kayakfishing community here in San Diego feel like one big happy family.

Forged Clothing is the company I work for and we are really glad to be one of the sponsors of WCW 2008, it will be alot of fun to give away a bunch of our shirts this year. Good Luck to everyone!

Evan
Old 07-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #32
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

FYI:

Due to lack of interest, we will not have WCW 2008 Monthly Jack Pots as of the end of July 2008.

$110 will be refunded back to 3 players that entered all 12 monthly JPs.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #33
amsurferoceanbeach

weight slip

I weighted my fish at dana landing and they said they dont have weight slips.
I did take photos of the scale and fish.
Is this good enough for WCW?
Thanks Paul
amsurferoceanbeach is offline   Reply With Quote