Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
socal.beach.bum

1st time hitting MDR

Original plan was to chase some Bonitos at Kings harbor, but was told due to idiots not listening to guidelines and over crowding yesterday they closed up the parking lot today. So ended up hitting up MDR with my pops. First time for the both of us. Water was nice and warm, not much sign of life inside the harbor. Pulled a few short Hali’s inside the harbor mouth break wall as well as some other by catch.

Drifted for a few hours before calling it a day. Ended with a few short Hali’s and short calicos.

On the way in I noticed a lot of the boaters there are total A-holes. They speed right next to you in their giant ass boats with no care of who’s around. My pops ended up getting rolled because some asshat thought it was ok to cruise on by at above posted limits. He ended up losing a setup and some gear. Not the best way to end the day.

If you head out this weekend, pay attention to the goons and stay safe.
socal.beach.bum is offline   Reply With Quote