Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
nickc5

Alaska Chronicles: Day 1

Been in contact with Kardinal_84 for over a month now, and I'm damn glad i have been. Badass dude who puts in work catching fish.

Landed into Anchorage at 1am, had a beer and some dinner, and made the trek down to RW's Fishing lodge for my 5 night stay with 3 salmon charters trip that i won in a trout tournament earlier this year. Made it to RW's, unpacked, and off i was to Whiskey Gulch.

Running on no sleep, I powered through the drive and finally met up with him. 6+hours of driving and after a long day of travel going straight into kayak fishing in Alaska? Maybe I am crazy.

To make a long story short, ENDLESS halibut action. At one point, I was releasing a 30 pounder so i can get one bigger. That didn't end up happening this time around, so I had to stop being greedy and start bagging some fish. We also caught several weird looking Sculpin.

At the end of all this, we ended up 4.5 miles off shore and at one point, 11 miles away from the launch. The current was absolutely insane but with a flat, calm sea. I'm absolutely wrecked but so pumped Rudy put me on some fish.

To be continued...
nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
nickc5

Pics.

Not the best at posting ha!
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
alanhighhand

Nice
alanhighhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
AirborneYak

To make a long story short, ENDLESS halibut action. At one point, I was releasing a 30 pounder so i can get one bigger. That didn't end up happening this time around, so I had to stop being greedy and start bagging some fish. We also caught several weird looking Sculpin.

That's awesome!!
AirborneYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:04 PM   #5
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

But of course...

Nick, I had no doubt in my mind you would slay. Who woulda thought, that a 8lb'ish trout would = what we all dream about. Slay on brotha and I'll be here waiting for an otw session!!! I still have that issue of WON with you on the cover. Damn celebrities!!!!
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #6
nickc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
Nick, I had no doubt in my mind you would slay. Who woulda thought, that a 8lb'ish trout would = what we all dream about. Slay on brotha and I'll be here waiting for an otw session!!! I still have that issue of WON with you on the cover. Damn celebrities!!!!

DUDE. You gotta put this on your list. Absolutely EPIC. All thanks to Rudy!
Old 06-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #7
RookieYakker

Bad Ass! Thanks for sharing! I'd like to see a pic of the 8lb trout too! What tournament did you win it in?
RookieYakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #8
nickc5

Alaska Chronicles: Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieYakker View Post
Bad Ass! Thanks for sharing! I'd like to see a pic of the 8lb trout too! What tournament did you win it in?

It was Western Outdoors News Tournament held at Santa Ana River Lakes. Was on the front cover and in the newspaper a couple times. Got lucky. But I guess that's fishin right ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #9
grey zone

Glad to see that you got out with Rudy and had some great fishing. He tried everything he could to get me out in May but I was not prepared, I hope that I can do some fishing with him in the near future. What type of dry suit did you bring.
grey zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #10
SaltwaterSoul23
Junior

Nice!!
SaltwaterSoul23 is offline   Reply With Quote