Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #1
pbb

Rosarito Beach advice?

I'm going to be staying with the family in Rosarito (Playas not Punta - near the south end of the beach) in late August.

Any advice about places to launch and fish nearby?

I will probably drive down to Ensenada/Bufadora/Arbolitos at least once during the week, but I'm interested in options closer to Rosarito.

I saw this old post, but the OP was actually staying south of Rosarito right next to Puerto Nuevo, so I am hoping there might be some good spots further north. http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=2791

Also suggestions about what to target and how. Sounds like it is mostly pretty flat sandy bottom, so maybe Halibut, but I know YT cruise in the "Rosarito flats" as well.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
dniss

Just an idea

I head toK43 (Raul's) to kitesurf during summer and have often eyed the kelp at Popotla just south of the Fox studios along with the extensive kelp at my kite spot. I've got SENTRI and would be willing to pick up Mex license and try it, especially the next few weeks.
dniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
pbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniss View Post
I head toK43 (Raul's) to kitesurf during summer and have often eyed the kelp at Popotla just south of the Fox studios along with the extensive kelp at my kite spot. I've got SENTRI and would be willing to pick up Mex license and try it, especially the next few weeks.
Hmmm. Launching at Popotla seems good.
http://www.bestbajafishing.org/launching-ramps.php

And the Kelp looks good. Could probably make some bait around there, and probably some calicos in the kelp.

Supposed to be some good YT fishing about straight west from there about 2-3 miles (about the distance from LJ shores to NW corner), according to what I hear from the private boaters that fish down that way.

dniss, I won't make it in the next few weeks, but I'll be down there around August 22-29, if you are available then. I would love some company.