Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #21
easyday

Going to have agree about the yak. I slayed yellows all summer on the sport boats. It was fun and put some meat in the freezer, but it was no where near as rewarding as that YT from the kayak. Not to mention it was bigger than what you typically see on the cattle boats.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #22
pbb

Just for the record, I went to LJ and caught one barely legal calico (which I released).

The San Diego 3/4 day had limits (5) of yellowtail for all 51 anglers aboard that day.

I agree that one yellowtail in the yak would probably be worth 5 from the cattle boat, but the slim chance of one from the yak isn't always.

I'll keep fishing and learning at LJ, but I'll keep my eyes on the landing reports, too.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #23
Cbad Mike

They were all rats.
A word of advice.....
While the sport boats may exaggerate their counts during a bite to get more business on board, kayakers have a tendency to stay quite.
So paddle out there and throw a big YT across your lap and look over at everyone shoulder to shoulder on the cattle boat and decide where you want to be.