Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
pbb

Plastic hubbed inflatable wheels on eBay

I just thought I give everyone interested in building a cart a heads up about these wheels. I'm using a pair. They are under $12/each including shipping.

They don't have any steel parts to rust, and they are pretty wide. If you needed to cover a lot of ground over soft sand, you could double them up as duallies. They have sets of four for under $28.

Here's the current e-bay auction for one wheel: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tire-4-10x3-...item1e7d337f99

SellerID is small-engine-deals.

Keywords to search on if that auction is dead: Tire, 4.10, 3.50, Tubed, "t410x35PLAS"

Looks like you can get them directly from the seller here cheaper for the list price, but I'm not sure what the shipping would be: http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/t410x35PLAS.html
pbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
straightrod

I tried tandem wheels for sand similar to those posted. It did not work near as good as wheeleez balloon tires. Of course I was hauling a tandem outback loaded to the gills!
straightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
chuckt

Looks like the one you find at harbor freight, sometimes onsale for $5
chuckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
petrmax
Junior

Wheeleez

Stick with Wheeleez for sand, can't be beat. I purchased wheels from Harbor Freight for $3.99 with Coupon, however they are cheap steel, will rust in no time. I use these wheels strictly for my yak carrier and storage cart, carries Yak from garage to car and back.
petrmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
pbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckt View Post
Looks like the one you find at harbor freight, sometimes onsale for $5
As mentioned by petrmax, the freight harbor wheels have steel rims that rust. These have plastic. No rust.

I believe the Wheeleez are good, but they cost $78 each wheel or $241 for the cart. Four of these wheels (for a dually cart) cost about 1/3 of ONE Wheeleez wheel.

If you've got that kind of money to throw around on a cart, go for it. I'm just trying to share some information with those that would prefer a cheaper DIY approach.
pbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #6
FISH11

Harbor Freight also carries a plastic hub model, I have seen then there before. I have a folding kayak cart that has those plastic hub wheels, but it sucks because they have no bearing and the plastic hub rides directly on the aluminum frame. The friction makes it harder to pull when you are pulling a fully loaded kayak with all the gear. I bought some of the steel wheels with bearing and built my own PVC cart that I take the wheels of and can store in the front hatch of my Malibu X Factor. If your Kayak doesn't have an inside storage to keep then dry then it would be a problem. I have seen the Wheeleez wheel on E Bay for $51 each if that makes it better. They still are the best when having to go over soft sand, everything else digs in and is super hard to pull through the sand.