Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
fyrfytrfish

Ideas for rigging up my new X factor with x seat

Hey all!!
Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of how To rig up my new yak? Just curious to see how others have done it like best spot for rod holders, for, etc. thanks!!!
fyrfytrfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:08 AM   #2
SoCalEDC

I like the rod holders right behind the left and right side of my seat and angles out away from each other as far as possible. Front rod holders are convenient when you are moving or drifting but once there's a fish on make sure you can clear them quickly or at least get your fighting rod over the tips of the rods in those holders.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
Kingpen818
Junior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR98o_Mk-9Q
Kingpen818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #4
Kingpen818
Junior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJMhw3MBZ3Y
Kingpen818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:27 PM   #5
FISH11

I started Kayak fishing on an earlier Malibu X Factor and I am so thankful that I found that model because it helped me learn a lot and it spoiled me with its stability and surf launching and landing predictability. So after having other kayaks and at the time fishing from a 2016 Hobie Revo 13, I had the chance to purchase a 2016 Malibu X Factor at a super price and it was like new. I bought it and knew exactly what I wanted. I had most of the rod holders and already had the FF from another previous kayak. I prefer Scotty mounts and rod holders so that is what I used. The only change I would have done if I did not already have the raised bases, I would have bought rocket launcher that came with the flush mount #244 and had them on the gunnel forward of the FF. They can be positioned in any direction and can be adjusted so you can paddle while trolling a mac or jig at the same time without hitting the rods while paddling. The first thing to do if you are going to fish salt water is to plumb the center raised compartment to use as a livewell. That is a super useful feature when wanting to used live bait. Also install several gear tracks for camera mounts. lights and FF. I prefer 1 on the each side on the rear and 1 on each side towards the front. I installed a Scotty cup holder in the center (easier not to spill any of my beer), I don't like the FF being placed in the center because it gets in the way of opening the center lower hatch and also in the way when pulling up on deck a large Yellowtail. Also the stock X factors usually have two rear flush mounted rod holder. I used to have an X13 and got the idea from that one. I installed two more of the same. There's enough room on that deck space behind the seat area and all you have to do is cut out two holes, but stager the two new ones slightly so there is a slight difference to the angle the rods come out, so as to keep the rods a little more appart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016 Malibu X Factor livewell.jpg (47.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg LJYellowondeck#2.jpg (50.8 KB, 40 views)