Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
gupppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapPelican View Post
Sorry to to thread jack you but, if the chart is uninterrupted and I can still follow my jig without a break in its trail, could it still be a bad connection? The plugs have no corrosion but I've never checked if they are seated properly.

I also wanted to send mine in for service because when I power it off, I can't turn it back on unless I remove the head from its mount then plug it back in, or disconnect then reconnect the battery.
the power on/off issue is a connection problem. i've had that problem before, but not anymore. if it doesn't power on after i've plugged it in, then i flip the head over and plug it in. that normally fixes the problem.
gupppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
warrior

thanks

I did notice the connections were crusty, so I'll take care of that. bought the yak pre owned so, I don't know how it's mounted; I'll check that as well.

Thanks for all the responses
With a prayer in my mouth I dashed unarmed through a line of soldiers my clothes were cut to pieces my horse was wounded but I was not hurt, as I reached the door of my lodge my wife handed me my rifle saying "here's your gun...fight"

The great Chief Joseph
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
jorluivil

I have similar issues with mine from time to time, it usually happens when I'm near other yaks or boats with stronger transducers. I've seen everything from false bottom readings to the entire display showing what would normally look like schools of squid. If Matt and Roby would stop following me around I would stop having this issue.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
warrior

cleaning didn't work

Tried everything suggested and still no resolve to my erratic readings. nice little FF, so now I'm thinking about the cost of repair or replace. Has anyone sent a HH in, and was it worth it?

If all the Hummingbirds use the same hook up (383c), I'll try and see if I come across somebody on the water that wouldn't mind hooking my up to determine if it's the unit or the transducer.

Thanks for all the suggestions
With a prayer in my mouth I dashed unarmed through a line of soldiers my clothes were cut to pieces my horse was wounded but I was not hurt, as I reached the door of my lodge my wife handed me my rifle saying "here's your gun...fight"

The great Chief Joseph
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
Badtaste2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
Tried everything suggested and still no resolve to my erratic readings. nice little FF, so now I'm thinking about the cost of repair or replace. Has anyone sent a HH in, and was it worth it?

If all the Hummingbirds use the same hook up (383c), I'll try and see if I come across somebody on the water that wouldn't mind hooking my up to determine if it's the unit or the transducer.

Thanks for all the suggestions
I sent my 587ci back to Humminbird when i couldn't get accurate readings from it. They cleaned it up and sent me an additional power cable back since I mentioned Kayak Use and they said i would probably need it! Quick service, there and back in a bout 10 days. Still works, but there are still connection problems that arise.

Good Luck

Dan
Badtaste2k is offline   Reply With Quote