Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
bigbarrels

San Quintin

Anybody ever stay at Hotel Jardines in San Quintin? Looking for a place to stay in San Quintin for one night layover to and from Abreojos. Looks like this is a good place. Any comments or suggestions? I usually just bomb it down to my destination but this year we are wanting to take it easy and break up the driving a bit. Thanks in advance
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
WahooUSMA

Stayed there not too long ago and will be hopefully going back next month. Its a great hotel! The restaurant is outstanding, and its just a short drive to the marina.

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
OUTBACK SPECIAL

Dessert Inns

I stay at Dessert Inns, formerly La Pinta Inn, The nicest Hotel in the area by far. If you are going to Kayak Fish that area, your best options are XXXXXXX to the south or Play de Oro at the mouth of San Quintin Bay.
OUTBACK SPECIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
mwm

Another alternative is the Old Mill a short drive further out on the bay. Jim and Nancy welcome you to the Old Mill with a cold Pacifico, and the newly redone Old Mill restaurant (not affiliated) just opened next door by the launch ramp is really good. http://www.angelfire.com/me2/oldmill/oldmill1.html Good luck at Abreojos.
mwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
BigBalsa
Junior

I always camp on the western-most pacific side of Bahia Falsa, right around Los Volcanes. Plenty of Pismo clams, and great point-break surf spots all to yourself.
005_3.jpg
013_11.jpg

Head due west from town of Lazaro Cardenas to Salt Works, then jog left and south along the peninsula till you reach the "rock walls" that protect campfires from the wind. Find your spot and pitch it.

I also stayed at a hotel on the Bahia that was very pleasant and the food excellent - I think there were 9 casitas total - but the margarita (1) they served upon arrival erased all memory of the place.

If you need a good map of Baja, I recommend the Baja California Alamanc - you can borrow mine if you like
BigBalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
John M

I would go with the Old Mill. They have a secure courtyard to park your rig right outside of your room.
Old Mill restaurant has good food. Right next door.
$16.00 per night per person. And it is on the water.

Jardines is a good spot also, Old Mill is more old mex feel to it.

John
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
Anthony179
A.T.

Stood at the Old Mill a couple of weeks ago. And went to check out Jardines and the rooms are nice but you can't park your truck in front of your room. I think the rooms start at $35 a night. You can also try Don Eddies Landing.
Anthony179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #8
THE DARKHORSE

Celito De Lindo (spelling?)...

It's a restaurant with a full bar and good food. Big, cheap rooms that you can bring your kayak and gear into ($20 a night). I always bring my gear into my room and sleep like a baby, kayak and all. It's right next to Gypsy's campground. Big Yellowtail and WSB in easy pedaling distance--- big Mosquitos at night, too
Old 09-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #9
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Cielito Lindo

Nice place to stay, they have a guard at night. Either rent a cabana, bring a motorhome, or camp it.

Plenty of Pismos at waters edge, cook them up on a portable Q with garlic and melted butter on the sand, the bar/restaurant has the best crab, and the best Bloody Mary's.

I used to go down there a bunch when Juanita ran the place, back when Porky ruled the grounds. Hope she is still there, nothing but great memories...except the time I caught on fire...

Dog friendly, can even bring them in the bar as long as they behave.
Neutral place so the doggies are usually social.

Short stroll to waters edge, very fishy...can't wait to start going back down there again, used to go all the time...great hospitality.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
TCS

I always run straight to El Rosario. Several good places to stay there with secure parking. First thing in the morning you cross the bridge out of El Rosario and that's where the real baja starts. At least that's where I start liking it a lot more.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
bigbarrels

Awesome reponse by everyone! Thanks Very helpful
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote