Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #41
nunyabizness1
Maggie

Huge thanks to all who represented! We have a great group of people here fighting the fight. Thank you for all you have done!
nunyabizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #42
mwm

When the Science Advisory Team presentation started systematically pointing out why all the fishing friendly options were inferior in each area of the coast, the deck was being stacked against us. The BRTF had no intention from the start IMHO to consider leaving LJ unscathed. Even the members of the BRTF that might sympathize with us were looking to compromise and move on. The BRTF knew full well that the majority of the public in that room didn't support the outcome they chose, but there is a big difference between opening the process to the public and following their wishes. When you get appointed officials who do not answer to the public (can get voted out), they have no risk of repercussion if they disregard the majority of the publics wishes. Alas the Packard Foundation got their money's worth by buying the MLPA process and our kids and theirs will be cheated out of the joys of fishing great places where they should have access.

Tough as today's outcome was, I also agree it could have been much worse had we not mounted the effort to make our case. Thanks Paul, Chris, Tyler, Joe, and so many others for galvanizing this effort.

Mike
mwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #43
Grego

Well, I'm not fully recovered from this day, but I had a mere 30 minute drive because of traffic to get home. Thanks to all of you that made the 2-4 hour drive up and back in traffic.

LJ and PV kayakers/spearos put the most time and effort in, and we ended up better than most areas. I don't think our efforts were for nothing....I think we would have ended up worse than we are if it hadn't been for our efforts. We did what we could against impossible odds, everything was stacked against us the entire length of this process, but we kept at it.

Paul and MJ, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! We would have been so screwed if you didn't jump on our ass to get off our asses. OH, and Chris Fierro (HolyMackeral) I personally thank you also for being one of the first at firing up the boards...I thought you were on crack when you first started posted on every frick'n board!! LOL

If you guys remember when we did the flyers, Baytubers did an internal fundraiser to pay for the printing for our area. We raised over $1,600.00 and had a little leftover reserve after printing, so after the spearos treated us the last time with pizza, we decided it was the kayakers turn to step up and provide the pizza and drinks. Besides a dozen or so Baytubers who donated to the kitty, if you get a chance, please thank Mark & Karen Ezell from Hook1 who donated $200, Xstreamline Kayak Shop $100, and Bob Sands Tackle $100...their donations alone almost paid for all the pizza and drinks today.
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:38 AM   #44
zenspearo

Thank you our kayakfishing brothers and sisters.

As bad as it was, if we weren't there together and asking questions and bringing up issues, the maps would have been much, much worse. Kudos to everyone. The alliance between kayakfishermen and spearos will be something that other regions will study for a long time as a model of cooperation and gain in the face of almost impossible odds.

And thank you for the pizza. You guys rock.

P.S. We have the Dec. 9th meeting with DFG coming up. I told Billy V. that I'm re-donating the brand-new, still-in-the-wrapper fishing rod I won (some expensive brand name, I'm told, and I researched the idea of tying rubber bands to it and making it a polespear but gave up after it seems to be too much trouble). The fishing rod will be raffled out to kayakfishermen signing up to go to the DFG meeting on Dec. 9th to speak for all of us.

We will ride again. You all did great today. See you Dec. 9th.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #45
herbo

I'm proud of all the spearos, kayak fishers and the others who made it there today,I'm also ashamed that I had committed to be there and my gimp knee gave out(couldn't walk let alone drive there) and special thanks to all who spent endless hours rallying the troops!!!.....H
Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 AM   #46
stuppid
Junior

They wont be able to enforce it so just fish all you want. I fish the central coast and I have not heard of anyone getting a ticket from DFG for fishing in a MPA or SMCA. They are not going to be able to enforce it.
stuppid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 AM   #47
Quilted Germ

Thanks to all who attended on the behalf of those of us who didn't. Sounds like a long, emotional day for those who stuck it out. We appreciate the effort. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #48
T Bone

Guys,I just want to say thanks to all who fought a great fight.Reminds of Rocky who just said "All I want to do is go 15 rounds with Creed because no one else has" I know your fight was not for nothing.

I have been in the middle of my own battle with my sons cancer that we discovered in July.It has kept me from getting to any of these meetings and only a few sporadic fishing trips this year.My brother is a sportboat captain and is greatly affected by this as we all are.

I THINK EVERYBODY FISHING THE FIRST DAY OF THE CLOSURES IS A FANTASTIC IDEA.IF WE GET FINED SO BE IT.DONT PAY THE FINE VIA MAIL,GO TO COURT IN MASS AND GET THE MEDIA INVOLVED AGAIN SINCE THE GENERAL PUBLIC DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHATS GOING ON.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote