Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

Whitefish are very good table fare. Deliciouso!
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #2
TheToxicJon

Was this all on squid?
Nice catches brotha
TheToxicJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
fishing md

Nice pics. what camera did you use??????
Old 11-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #4
onetriphudson

Nice report!

Sounds like you need to re-wire your connections and this time coat them in dielectric grease. It will buy you a little more time until they fail from the salt and elements. I've had to do mine a few times, no fun getting out there to discover your ff doesn't work.

The sand dunes are most likely preparation for the el nino winter storms, meant to protect the homes. Wouldn't expect those to go away until Spring.

Those whitefish are tasty, a skipper one time told me they are also called dorado rockfish.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:53 AM   #5
MrPukaShell

X2 on the Dielectric grease. This will keep the corrosion down to a minimum. Where do you keep your battery? Is it in a case or exposed to the elements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetriphudson View Post
Nice report!

Sounds like you need to re-wire your connections and this time coat them in dielectric grease. It will buy you a little more time until they fail from the salt and elements. I've had to do mine a few times, no fun getting out there to discover your ff doesn't work.

The sand dunes are most likely preparation for the el nino winter storms, meant to protect the homes. Wouldn't expect those to go away until Spring.

Those whitefish are tasty, a skipper one time told me they are also called dorado rockfish.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #6
scotty1369

I got a good size white fish on Sunday. Taste really good.
scotty1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #7
Rambo

Very tasty whitefish done chinese steam fish style, but the sheephead are the best choice when it comes to super soft fish meat that just melts in your mouth.
Attached Images

Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:01 AM   #8
bolocop

Venting is not recommended and it makes sense not to poke a hole in the air bladder.

What I have done in the past is make a recompression tool. I used a long-shanked hook and pressed in the barb. You attach the weight to the eye of the hook and attach the line to the bend in the hook. Yes, you use the hook upside-down.

You then hook the rockfish through the lower lip and drop everything in the water. At about 100 ft, yank up on rod and the fish will be safely recompressed.

No floaters, those are your trophy fish of the future.
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:09 AM   #9
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Del Mar Beach Construction

So, the construction that you saw on the beach at Del Mar is due to the dredging of the channel of the San Deguito River. As part of the mitigation for the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) So Cal Edison restored 150 acres of salt marsh wetland in the lagoon (which acts as a nursery for many young open ocean fish) So as part of the mitigation project they are required to keep the river and ocean connected, so every other year or so they dredge out the channel and restore the sand to the beaches down to the south of the river. This shouldn't be going on for too much longer may a couple weeks at most. Then the river, lagoon and ocean will be more easily accessed by small fish and help enhance our coastal ecosystem. Let me know if you have any other questions I probably can help answer them

-Bernie

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote