Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
Ggiannig89

Imperial valley canal fishing

This year I’ve went and fished the canal system a good 5 times and haven’t had any luck. Targeting catfish can anyone give any tips for out there? I’m having trouble finding water that doesn’t just rip my set up to the side of the canal. Or do you just use heavier weights? I think I had up to 6oz the last time I was out there. Hopefully heading out tomorrow morning. Thanks and feel free to PM me with any intel.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
otterpupster

Send a message via MSN to otterpupster
BTW beware of parts of Imp. Canal runs deep and quiet. A few people have fallen into the canal and unable to get out. Call the DFG for any safe locations to fish. Do not bring any children. Good Luck
otterpupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #3
Tandem Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggiannig89 View Post
This year I’ve went and fished the canal system a good 5 times and haven’t had any luck. Targeting catfish can anyone give any tips for out there? I’m having trouble finding water that doesn’t just rip my set up to the side of the canal. Or do you just use heavier weights? I think I had up to 6oz the last time I was out there. Hopefully heading out tomorrow morning. Thanks and feel free to PM me with any intel.
Look for a drain or some sort of feeder inlet that may be closed but has a opening - many a times I dropped a bait in front of a grate and a bass would come out..
Tandem Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote