Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

10/10 Other Places

I fished Castaic a couple times in the last 2 weeks, only managing 1 striper each trip. Lake is around 100 feet lower than normal. Love the freshwater for a change of pace, just need that magical morning where it all comes together, maybe next Tuesday

Yesterday I was back to the sea, fished solo launching at 1st light in SMB. Overcast with light winds, water felt warmer than the air at 71 degrees.

Tons of bait, greenbacks from 6-10 inches, premium bait with 6 coming up on the sabiki at a time.

I worked 1 high and 1 low moving around the edges of all that bait. Slow morning with 1 big sandbass released. Running out of time as I planned to be to work before noon. I was in the middle of eating a banana,(yes BANANA!) when the dropper loop that was laid out in front of me bounced, I dropped the banana and grabbed it, thumbing the spool, it took off. Popped it in gear for a instant big drag slipping BENDO and memorable sleigh ride. My first thoughts were batray, but usually they come to the surface eventually, this one was running down and away. After a long crazy run I started getting all my line back with little fight left in the fish. I got very optimistic at this point and down right stoked at color. Easy floater gaff shot and dragged on board. Popped a gill, pulled the turbo fins and paddled in. 45 pounds.

Last edited by Iceman; 10-11-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote