Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
kareem korn

DVL 3/16

Well, I felt all alone out there today, being the only one sitting in a plastic sled..........Like "Iceman" I like to fish anywhere. I'm just as happy catching a bluegill as I am a yellowtail (not really that happy, but content )

Arrived at the lake @ 6:30am (a whole 5 min from my driveway) to find 30+ boats in line (does'nt anybody work anymore?). In the water and paddling by 7am. Was'nt really fishing today, just dragging some swimbaits and working my shoulder. Turns out thats ALL I DID. Alot different than ocean fishing. I paddled to the east dam, ran the length, back out to the center of the lake, over to the north shore and east back to the ramp. Even tho I did'nt get anything, one thing I can say is, "you sure notice alot more being in a kayak. My assumption that there's no fish in there is wrong. While at the damn dam I witnessed breaking, feeding , breezing fish o-plenty. I just could'nt get the things on my line. Judging by the fins and water movement they left, they were of good size. The way they were feeding was like carp, just mouthing the surface. I was able to get within 3'-4' from them before they would sink out. At times seemed like 15-20 + of them in the area. That was all the movement I seen. That is until back at the dock. There were fish everywhere, bass(5+ lbs), schooling trout (2lbs-5lbs+), bluegil. Not even scared of me while I was removing my kayak from the water. Anyway, this is my backyard. Not as exciting as LJ or the bays, but it's mine, and I'll try to make the best of it, as you'all do down there on the coast. One day I'll have this body of water mastered, and you'll be seeing fish in my hand instead of the water. I can do this every Friday, so if anyone wants to join me let me know.

These are the puddling fish I chased to no avail

The fish are'nt stupid, they know where their safe.

Like paddling on a sheet of glass.
Attached Images

kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote