Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #1
Cbad
HOW account for Cbad Mike

I'm sure this will be a successful event for a great cause!

Last edited by Cbad; 11-21-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Cbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
Amish Ed

In the spirit of the day and taking Rossman's lead, my Dad would like to sponsor up to 4 veterans for this event. If you are interested please pm me your full name and the branch you served with and my Dad will pay your fee.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
PAL

Very exciting! Charles Belñavis, tattooist and epic fishing artist, is donating an original illustration for auction - something like this. We'll also have a print or two on offer at the event. Much love Charles, thank you!

PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

I will be taking this one home
Old 11-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #5
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
Very exciting! Charles Belñavis, tattooist and epic fishing artist, is donating an original illustration for auction - something like this. We'll also have a print or two on offer at the event. Much love Charles, thank you!

I'd like to see a Tattuna interpretation of a Landwhale
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Sight unseen, I will start the bidding at $250.00 for Charle's piece of art. Should I win it will be hung on the wall at OUR place in Gonzaga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:22 PM   #7
tattuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Sight unseen, I will start the bidding at $250.00 for Charle's piece of art. Should I win it will be hung on the wall at OUR place in Gonzaga.
Wow Bob, that's awesome! I'll have a print of that one above for the raffle. This is the original (it will be framed) for the auction...

Old 11-19-2015, 05:15 PM   #8
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Very NICE, Guy's he COULD be yours or mine, both ways it is for a GREAT CAUSE.
AWESOME work Charles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattuna View Post
Wow Bob, that's awesome! I'll have a print of that one above for the raffle. This is the original (it will be framed) for the auction...

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #9
Iceman
Administrator

When Paul said I started the bidding at $200 I said What? Huh? who me?.....this guy had said it! Glad to see that $350 was raised for Charles generous offering of original art work and stoked I won one his calico prints in the raffle, gonna mat and frame it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Old 12-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #10
Iceman
Administrator

Here are a couple on the water shots

Old 12-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #11
kurt

Thanks to all who pitched in to put this together. Great time for a great cause. Wish I could have stuck around for food and more fun, but my office holiday party required my presence. Holy Mackerel watched my raffle tickets, and I hear that I won the Water Wolf Underwater Camera, so I'm stoked to have footage of my lures with no fish on them. Thanks again to all who made this happen.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
PAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
When Paul said I started the bidding at $200 I said What? Huh? who me?.....this guy had said it! Glad to see that $350 was raised for Charles generous offering of original art work and stoked I won one his calico prints in the raffle, gonna mat and frame it!
I knew you were good for it. Think how great it would have looked hanging in OEX Sunset Beach. I was just looking out for a friend - it came framed!

ROFL, Kurt! Great to see you, Holy Mack, Rhyno, Hook1, Tman, Nancy and several other longtime friends.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #13
ful-rac
Emperor

Fun! Fun!

It was a fun day!

Good food! Good people! All coming together to help a friend in need!

Always glad to help out for a good cause! Thanks for putting it together Paul!
Old 11-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #14
T-Rex

I'm signed up. My father-in-law beat esophageal cancer about 20 years ago and I'm honored in joining everyone in helping our good friend Steve win the same fight!
Old 11-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #15
Amish Ed

I haven't received any interest from veterans, so if you are a vet or are active duty send me a pm. We have 4 spots available for sponsorship from my dad.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #16
PAL

See this map of Marine Protected Areas down around Dana Pt? The blue is cool - fish it up! The city of Dana Pt sided with us as we fought to keep the area open during the MLPA process. If you've been wondering if MPAs will get in the way (of this event - the kayak fishing and free diving community staunchly opposed this politically derived and not scientifically supported closure), now you know they won't. Sign up and support our friend Steve.

Edit to clarify my opinion of the closures.

Last edited by PAL; 11-19-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #17
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
If you've been wondering if MPAs will get in the way, now you know they won't. Sign up and support our friend Steve.
Unless you happened to fish/live there. F MPAs and the whole MLPA process! Thats weak NIMBY shit Paul. It was the purported best bite of a forcefed shit sandwich and it certainly is in the way. You can not yet put lipstick on that pig. But no its not in the way of a Baby Beach launch though, youre right about that.

Anyway Steve youve got my support.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:05 PM   #18
Hunters Pa

Don't know if I can make it but signed up & paid.

Newbies, this will be a great chance to see how a lot of people have their boats rigged. That and fishing around some of these legends will shorten your learning curve drastically and is worth the price of admission in and of itself.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:57 AM   #19
PAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Unless you happened to fish/live there. F MPAs and the whole MLPA process! Thats weak NIMBY shit Paul. It was the purported best bite of a forcefed shit sandwich and it certainly is in the way. You can not yet put lipstick on that pig. But no its not in the way of a Baby Beach launch though, youre right about that.

Anyway Steve youve got my support.
You having a bad day Zed? I posted this map for people who aren't from the area so they'll know they are fine around the point and in the blue - for this event. Those lines are confusing as hell. We both know they make no sense.

Don't imply I'm cool with that disgusting red blob smeared in front of Laguna. I fought the damn thing. Steve did too in his quiet way I haven't spent a dime in Laguna or Malibu since, and never will.

Let's keep this thread positive and focused on helping a friend.

Last edited by PAL; 11-19-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #20
Iceman
Administrator

66 paid entries and counting, a lot of guys paying knowing they can not attend and a couple of these paid multiple times for $100 donations. I anticipate 35-40 people fishing right now.........maybe more. $1320 raised to help out Steve with these entries and more the day of with some cool donated prizes!