Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2015, 04:38 AM   #21
Deamon

Details...details. PA14. Gotta figure that out. If anything goes wrong w my Hobie, Tony told me Andy's got my back...
Drop my arse on a reef so I can catch good reds on light tackle all day long!
I've got some flexibility in dates but if I had one, Aug 21st. I'll be a one and done though. Drive in late Th /F, fish Sat, drive home Sun.
Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #22
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Im starting to think Iceman has this line on stand by so he can copy and paste it in on this forum. I keep seen this from him.
Hey once I say "wish I could" the wheels start t' turnin! August won't work for me but maybe July, I was already thinking about going to some other island
Old 06-20-2015, 07:27 AM   #23
erinoo

Im in on a trip like this.
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:11 AM   #24
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
First of all, thanks to Bob and Kai for checking this out!
From all the responses this looks like this could be a good option for a lot of the members here!
I'm going to have to get in shape to do this one but I'm considering it by the end of summer. San Martin has always been a favorite 3-day trip for me out of San Diego (The Searcher).
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #25
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr View Post
First of all, thanks to Bob and Kai for checking this out!
From all the responses this looks like this could be a good option for a lot of the members here!
I'm going to have to get in shape to do this one but I'm considering it by the end of summer. San Martin has always been a favorite 3-day trip for me out of San Diego (The Searcher).
FFY
Robert, things seem to be looking up for you. GREAT, end of summer sounds good, get me a weekend and lets see what we can do. This should not be too bad on you phisically as we get a boat ride both ways.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 06-21-2015 at 09:26 AM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:23 AM   #26
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Okay guys I am going to contact Tony today to confirm our captain is available for mothership trip August 22nd. Once I have confirmation I will update here on this thread.

Anglers so far are:

Me
Deamon
Mako Bob
Erinoo ( I'm in on a trip like this) I'm guessing this means he is in? Please confirm.

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #27
erinoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBMONEY View Post
Okay guys I am going to contact Tony today to confirm our captain is available for mothership trip August 22nd. Once I have confirmation I will update here on this thread.

Anglers so far are:

Me
Deamon
Mako Bob
Erinoo ( I'm in on a trip like this) I'm guessing this means he is in? Please confirm.
Hey ROBMONEY,

Looks like I may be going there in July. If July falls out and you still have a spot I'll go with you Hooligans, well Jim's a Hooligan....Eric
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:09 AM   #28
Iceman
Administrator

Thanks Bob! Been talking to Tony and am lined up in July, we will work out the kinks for you guys going in August .
Old 06-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #29
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Throw that hundred bucks in the gas tank and come to Bahia Asuncion. Better calico fishing. (my opinion) and you don't have to deal with kelp. See em on the meter, drop on them and get them off the bottom as quick as you can. Got one on 25 straight drops yesterday. Smallest maybe 14 inches and largest 22.Plus you have the chance for a 50 lb yellow as by catch.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #30
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Thanks Bob! Been talking to Tony and am lined up in July, we will work out the kinks for you guys going in August .
Good for you Andy. We just wanted to let BWE know that many things are doable if they want or try. Gonna be a great summer.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 06-23-2015, 09:37 AM   #31
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Throw that hundred bucks in the gas tank and come to Bahia Asuncion. Better calico fishing. (my opinion) and you don't have to deal with kelp. See em on the meter, drop on them and get them off the bottom as quick as you can. Got one on 25 straight drops yesterday. Smallest maybe 14 inches and largest 22.Plus you have the chance for a 50 lb yellow as by catch.
GUY'S it does not matter where you go, THIS IS the SUMMER, get out there and DO IT!!!!!! Ross you are right about the Calico fishing. See you end of JULY.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 06-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #32
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Okay guys it's official I just heard back from Tony today and we have a confirmed reservation for August 22nd.

Confirmed anglers are:
Me
Makobob
Deamon
Gr8fuldude

This trip is now full.

Kelly from K and M just posted this a few days ago form San Quintin. Lets go getem guys! This should be good with Iceman going before us to help work out all the kinks! Lets just hope he leave's us some fish too catch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00155.JPG (35.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150617_162045.jpg (87.6 KB, 84 views)

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)

Last edited by SDROB; 06-23-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #33
Gr8fuldude

I'm good to get in on the Aug 22nd trip if there is still room. I have my new WS Thresher coming in next week, getting fully rigged by Andy, it should be a good setup for this SQ deal.

Any chance of fishing two days, or is this a one and done type of deal?
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #34
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude View Post
I'm good to get in on the Aug 22nd trip if there is still room. I have my new WS Thresher coming in next week, getting fully rigged by Andy, it should be a good setup for this SQ deal.

Any chance of fishing two days, or is this a one and done type of deal?
Just added you in Gr8fuldude. It's a little early for me to see if I can get a day off of work to fish 2 days but I'm not saying no. It is definitely a possibility, If Jim or Bob want to jump in with you I'd be happy to help arrange it.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #35
Gr8fuldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBMONEY View Post
Just added you in Gr8fuldude. It's a little early for me to see if I can get a day off of work to fish 2 days but I'm not saying no. It is definitely a possibility, If Jim or Bob want to jump in with you I'd be happy to help arrange it.
Sweet! Thanks Money. Getting a second day would be ideal for me, but one is better than none
Old 06-24-2015, 03:21 PM   #36
Baja_Traveler

Its great to see this taking off!

I told Tony that once the word got out (and especially trip reports back to BWE) He'd have kayakers lining up to take these fishing trips.

After I get a new roof on my house in July, I'll be picking up a kayak more suitable to these types of trips and joining you all (A PA 14 is great, but too big of a tank for this...).

I'll be back down to Don Eddies with Bob for an August 8th tournament, then maybe later August on a Panga trip...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #37
Aquahunter
Crazy Deaf Cuban Redneck

Looks like an awesome trip to go to. I might be in if the cost and a ride is just right for my budget.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:51 AM   #38
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Trip is cancelled

Guys I just got word from the captain. He actually cancelled out on us! His excuse was he didn't know there was some tournament that weekend and his boats were pre-booked for the tournament.

I was really looking forward to this trip too.

I sent you guys a PM for an alternative solution. Lemme know what you guys want to do.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #39
HobieScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Towing them would work, and is probably the only way to do it especially with PAs....but....somebody is gonna lose a handle or two or three...
Exactly! With the way the drive those pangas unless you have the built in handle like the PA's the old handles on the out backs would be a gonner! lol

The way they launch and recover those pangas is like commando fishing!
HobieScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #40
Gr8fuldude

I sent you guys a PM for an alternative solution. Lemme know what you guys want to do.[/QUOTE]

'm down for the alternative you suggested Rob, heat don't scare me none Also, I could probably do the SQ deal another weekend if a group wants to go down. Baja+Kayak Fishing=Good Times.