Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
Chief Gunner

Who's going Fishing in the SD area this weekend?

Been a long week and I'm ready for some therapy. I'm down for LJ or the Bay depending on the weather and water conditions.
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
mtnbykr2

That nasty thing called work is gonna keep me landlocked this weekend or i would be there wit ya, go get em...
Old 06-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
jsigone

I'm going to try to be on the water before 6am tomorrow morning at LJ until the wind blows me back to the cove. I'll be in a lime green Stealth 14. Sunday AM will do some shore fishing at the Cbad power plant lagoon w/ my buddy who is just starting out.
jsigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
yakman619
HMFIC

I'll be at LJ in the AM tomorrow, in a white stealth-14. Are the winds going to be that bad?
yakman619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
jsigone

last saturday the afternoon wind picked up and chopped everything at noon + the full moon current made it hard to stay out there. So tomorrow I'd expect to be out there til noon or so, hopefully longer.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Chief Gunner

Man it's gusting pretty good here at 32nd St (Naval Station San Diego). Earlier this morning it was coming directly from the South and now it's coming in from due West, It was calm until about 10:30....it would be a tough paddle out there on the bay right now but a quick paddle in at LJ.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
yakman619
HMFIC

Works for me...You gonna be out there tomorrow, Chief?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gunner View Post
Man it's gusting pretty good here at 32nd St (Naval Station San Diego). Earlier this morning it was coming directly from the South and now it's coming in from due West, It was calm until about 10:30....it would be a tough paddle out there on the bay right now but a quick paddle in at LJ.
yakman619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
rogersmith

SD Bay tomorrow early, looking for some halibut and sand bass
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
Chief Gunner

I'm Seriously considering another Bay fishing day, LJ has been really slow lately and I like to fish out near the Bay entrance so it's still gonna be a quick haul back in once the wind kicks up.....

I guess I already talked myself into it since everybody else ate all my halibut....

I'll be at Shelter Island between 5:30-6:00 with the PA, my beater Dodge and heading out to replenish the fridge with some Flattie fillets
Old 06-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
DarthFisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gunner View Post
I'm Seriously considering another Bay fishing day, LJ has been really slow lately and I like to fish out near the Bay entrance so it's still gonna be a quick haul back in once the wind kicks up.....

I guess I already talked myself into it since everybody else ate all my halibut....

I'll be at Shelter Island between 5:30-6:00 with the PA, my beater Dodge and heading out to replenish the fridge with some Flattie fillets
PM'd you. Round two of the great butt hunt sounds good to me.
DarthFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
jsigone

you guys didn't miss much at LJ, was slow bite for most w/ a lucky few. Saw one YT get nabbed from a boat. Wind, swell and current made it PITA out there...I shoulda stuck to a bay.

Did my first wipe out on the landing, I had a dozen stowed rods in my hull since the guys I went with had sit in kayaks. Nose dived a wave and highside barrel rolled, took a deep breathe and saw my kayak from below. Snapped my paddle leash and lost my tape measure. Contour ran out of memory out side the breakers I was I was stowing gear otherwise would have had a cool video.