Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2015, 06:42 AM   #1
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

Love it when that happens

Figured I would let things cool down some.....

So I wake up last Friday to a text that says "Get on the Water Today!!!" Knowing that this is coming from a reputable source, I call in sick and hour later I am off to Lady LJ. I normally get there much earlier, but being that I wasn't even going to fish that day, I take my time. I get there and see a few familiar faces on the beach. After talking for a little bit, I launch to minimal waves and off I go to get bait.

I eventually load the tank up with perfect sized greenies and on to the troll. On my way out, I remember Fish11's post about getting picked up right where he was making bait. I decided to do the same. I get rocked before I can get the rod in the holder. This one comes unbuttoned and I am bummed (if I only new what was in store).

I see the fleet of boat and troll towards their vicinity. I never made it there. I got picked up or short bit just about every time I dropped a bait. I remember at one point asking, "just give me a break so I can enjoy me beer." Yea, my life's sooo hard!

I end up going 4 out of 7 for the day. I was trying to limit out, but on the last fish of the day, I just didn't have any arms left and got kelped with a smile on my face. Fish went 10lbs, 15lbs, 16lbs, & 26lbs

My firsts that day:
1) I didn't see 1 sea lion the entire day, even launching and landing.
2) My first multiple YT day on the yak.
Attached Images

Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote