Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
DB

Oceanside Harbor kayak launching

Is there a convenient place to launch a kayak with free parking in the harbor? If so, where?

Thanks,

DB
DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
bearlythere

If you dont mind a dock launch you can go to the other side by the Jolly Rodger and get in there ....Some spots are reserved but there are plenty of open ones. Have launched there a few times and tied up and had a few drinks. Drive through the pay lot first sometimes folks will hand off there parking permits on way out. 5 bucks for the easy spot and there are a few parking meters.
bearlythere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Arne

DB - when you drive in to the harbor, veer right at the Y (North Harbor Drive I think) and go past the shops and restaurant on your left. You will come up to a small public fishing "dock" or platform on your left. Park around there on the street - it's free (or was free last time I was there over a year ago). Just past the fishing dock is a ramp to a temp mooring platform. If you've got wheels it's easy.
Arne
Old 06-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
steamroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
DB - when you drive in to the harbor, veer right at the Y (North Harbor Drive I think) and go past the shops and restaurant on your left. You will come up to a small public fishing "dock" or platform on your left. Park around there on the street - it's free (or was free last time I was there over a year ago). Just past the fishing dock is a ramp to a temp mooring platform. If you've got wheels it's easy.
Arne
Arne is right. Just don't launch there with a big group of people or you will get harassed by the Harbor Police.