Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
maquinapescado

F**KING A$$HOLES

Forgive me if this has been a topic in the past. The pics are half of the trash I picked up. Granted the fisherman's (kayak and PB'er) trash only represents about 20-30% of the trash at the launch, it shouldn't represent any!! In fact, with as many people launch at LJ you would think they, YOU, would pick up at least a couple pieces and some non-fishing trash.

I want to blame kayak fisherman because I feel like they are more likely to not have a trashcan, rig at the launch and flip in the surf losing trash. The fact of the matter is that it could have come from thirty miles away, so I'm not saying the culprits are most proximal to the launch. What I will say is that many many a kayak-fisherman walked by all of this.

Sorry for sounding so bitter about it, but you would be too if you were on a three trip skunk-fest HAHA!!!!!!!!! But really, pick shit up people. It would help if there was a trashcan near by but you did all that work to paddle or pedal around, the least you can do is carry some trash out. Thanks........

P.S. today would have been a good day to water ski the cove cause there sure wasn't any fish catching going on. And I am okay if everyone hates me for this post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3449.jpg (61.7 KB, 669 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3450.jpg (89.5 KB, 674 views)
Old 02-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
maquinapescado

oh, the 99 Ranch bag had a squid bag in it
Old 02-09-2016, 08:52 PM   #3
jorluivil

I know that wasn't my bag because yesterday I found my 99 ranch market bag sitting in my bait tank and it had some yummy left over squid juice in it.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:27 PM   #4
Cbad Mike

So I log on to check the fish report and the first thing I see is
F**CKING A$$HOLES.
So I read a little to see who exactly are the F**CKING A$$HOLES and find out its ME!!! I'M A F**CKING A$$HOLE and every other kayaker who uses the launch is too.
I'll be honest, I've been called that and worse over the course of my life but I guarantee it has never been because I leave trash on the beach because I just plain don't. In fact I always pick up trash I see laying around or floating in the water without having to bring it to anyone's attention.
Since you've been on BWE for a whole 5 months I'm sure you think you know everyone and the way they act but the fact is I have seen plenty of guys not only throw away their own garbage but also go out of their way to pick up someone else's.
If calling a bunch of guys that you don't know F**CKING A$$HOLES is your way of taking out your frustrations because your on a "3 trip skunk fest" then I'm sure we are all looking forward to your post after a 5 or 7 day one.
I thank you for picking up the trash like 99% of the other members of here do but why don't you just do it without insulting everyone?

PS. Maybe the topic of your next post should be about posting insulting rants in the fish report section of the forum.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #5
Dannowar

Yup. Have taught my kids and practice beach cleanup every time I go.

Kooks go home. Absolute BS
Old 02-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #6
momo fish

F**KING A$$HOLES

P.S

I don't think we needed another reason to dislike you.... Get off your high horse and stop making assumptions.

Last edited by momo fish; 02-09-2016 at 10:48 PM.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:31 AM   #7
Deamon

Hahahahaha!!! Brian, you've already met Jorge and Tony but I don't think I've introduced my other friends to you...see there's Mike and there's Mo. Oh yeah, Danno too. Who else would you like to meet?
Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:54 AM   #8
ctfphoto

Did you pickup the dead pelican?

Dang birds throwing away theirs bodies on our beach.
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:53 AM   #9
RobFish
Massive Member

Hey Jimbo,
Don't forget me!
Hey Pescado, sometimes you pick up after others, and sometimes others pick up after you. Maybe not here and now, but somewhere at sometime, someone will pick up after you. That's what being part of a community is all about.
Just do your part, don't expect credit, and do it because it's the right thing.
We good? Good.
Carry on gentlemen.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:07 AM   #10
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFish View Post
Hey Jimbo,
Don't forget me!
Robbie! It should've been obvious brotha, I was only introducing some of my a-hole friends...
BWE certainly misses your good cheer Holmes.

Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Old 02-10-2016, 06:09 AM   #11
dmrides

When I used to kayak, I would frequently pick up other people's trash and I wouldn't tell others what I had done or call anyone names.

Now that I have a boat, I intentionally drive by the launch at full speed trying to tip as many kayakers as possible while throwing out all my used squid bags, empty beer bottles and a full spool of used mono just for good measure.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:25 AM   #12
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrides View Post
When I used to kayak,

Now that I have a boat,
SON OF A BITCH...there we go...an out of the closet turncoat. Moderators! Please ban Darren FOREVER!

Jim

Old 02-10-2016, 06:31 AM   #13
ctfphoto

It is also very possible that the culprit is a seagull.

I don't know how many times I have seen seagull stealing stuff off of kayaks and flying away with the "trash" in his mouth, I can't count that high.
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:59 AM   #14
ful-rac
Emperor

Boy....

This post sure didn't go over well...
Old 02-10-2016, 07:38 AM   #15
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

It's Obama's fault! If he didn't create such a welfare environment, the damn seagulls would learn to find their food the old fashioned way and pay their fare share!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-41.jpeg (6.7 KB, 398 views)
File Type: jpeg images-20.jpeg (6.1 KB, 399 views)
Old 02-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #16
maquinapescado

So I blasted this out with a little anger and closed my computer second to my wife telling me; I let people bother me too much, invest too much time into this stupid site, never deliver a message well when aggravated, people never receive a message that comes from such a poor response, and then proceeded to point out seventy or more chinks in my armor. Being stubborn, I decided to post it anyway.

In response to cbad mike, my intention is not directed at you or "every member" on BWE, but I hardly think any kayak fisherman would have received my message if I posted this in my knitting club.

If people want to take this as an attack and I knew people on HERE would, I was fully ready to accept responsibility for my crass response to the trash.

MOMO, I don't have a high horse, I have an intolerance for people who litter. Five BWE members that I know of walked by it all and there were some 20+ kayaks on the water who I am sure used the launch. It was impossible to not have to step over it. The trash could have been picked up. I am perfectly okay with being the one that did and don't expect to hear about every piece of trash that gets picked up nor will I complain about it every time. I am also not trying to be a self proclaimed martyr about it.

I get it, it might not have been you or anyone who responded to this.

I can guarantee that at least a couple articles of that trash were left by someone who surveys (power boater or kayak) this sight for intel or is a member. As mentioned above, I can also guarantee that some members walked past it.

My less than choice words and approach that comprised my message will hopefully be heard but most importantly remembered, either through me being the butt of the situation or because others are as passionate about their environment and littering as I am and just needed a reminder to be an advocate.

I am part of the kayak-fisherman boom and with any growing population within an activity/sport, new people come along and need to be aware of things like this. Sometimes, existing members of the community just need a kick in the rear. I deal with it with the explosion of rock climbing and people trashing Joshua Tree, Yosemite and other climbing spots due to a lack of education on how sensitive the environment really is. If someone wants to post a nice thread about it, go for it. Considering the shit I have received for benign and polite posts or questions on this site, I am not willing to be that person. I am nice, compassionate and caring to people who are often hostile in my occupation on a daily basis. In my opinion, they have the right to be second to mental illness, fear of impending death and other various disease processes. Being a crabby kayak fisherman, website/keyboard bully or any other variation of being impolite on here does not merit a polite public service announcement from me.

If you received this message in an ill way, I am sincerely sorry to those who are polite, respectful and informative on here.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:31 AM   #17
Deamon

Let's settle this old school way...bring your jig sticks down to LJ along with your favorite iron and go at it. I'm pretty sure I can take some mofo's out. Saturday morning, sunrise? Jim

Old 02-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #18
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Let's settle this old school way...bring your jig sticks down to LJ along with your favorite iron and go at it. I'm pretty sure I can take some mofo's out. Saturday morning, sunrise? Jim
LOL!! way to funny Jim, had me belly up laughing.

Ok lets do this. I got Greg trompas on my team. who you got?
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #19
ful-rac
Emperor

I got this guy!

Old 02-10-2016, 08:47 AM   #20
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

I always pick up trash while out on the water or at the launch, just something I do, never felt I needed to get credit for it. I think that people who are lazy and liter are indeed Effing A-Holes... However I think that some of this could be blamed on the Seagulls, the trash cans around LJ Shores are stuffed by Sunday afternoon and the seagulls are nice enough to de-stuff them on Monday morning and spread garbage all over the beach. If you actually SEE someone leave there garbage on the beach feel free to call them out, but don't always assume the worst in people, pick up the trash and throw it away... Just my two cents

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote