Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #1
t.n.hughes
Junior

Mr. NiceGuy,
It's easy to see why that is your screen name. I live in north SD but am in the college/La Mesa area all the time and would totally take you up on your offer or even just an opportunity to pick your brain and get suggestions and ideas of gear to focus on would be appreciated.

The $79.99 curado was an amazon purchase that I was pointed to by a post on here. Someone was keeping a thread running of great internet deals. Wish it was still going. As I recall a bunch of guys bought them on the board for that price. I'm excited to learn how to use it effectively along with conventional gear as well because most of my experience is with spinning gear and fly fishing gear.

The rods/reels that my pseudo-mother-in-law is offering I think have been used very little. I generally know good brands but are there size of reels I should be looking for for kayak fishing. Meaning, do I want to have 1 rod/reel of this size and 1 of this size, etc.

JoeFish thanks for the response. I'll keep my eyes out for teramar on sale because it's still a little out of my price range.

PQyakyak I was thinking the same for my curado. 30lb braid. When I get my yak we should get together, seeing as we're practically neighbors, I'm 2 exits down from the Penasquitos (assuming that is the PQ your are referring to.)

Thanks again all.

This is why I love this forum and keep coming back.

Todd
t.n.hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:40 PM   #2
petergmil5_ab
Junior

Great find on the 300ej!
petergmil5_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:54 AM   #3
PQyakyak
Junior

Hi Todd,
yes, you are correct on PQ. Good luck on getting a kayak. Let me know in advance if you'er going out and hopefully I'll be able to go.

Sam
PQyakyak is offline   Reply With Quote