Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2020, 04:42 AM   #1
CamR33
Junior

Will this rod holder fit my kayak?

Hi,
I recently purchased my first fishing kayak, Lifetime Teton Angler from Dick's on Black Friday during the 25% off everything sale.
I'm interested in purchasing a rod holder for the kayak and was unsure at what rod holder will fit the track system in my kayak. There are so many different mounts, it's overwhelming for amateurs like me. The rod holder that catches my eye the most is the Propel Paddle Gear Rod Holder. A) Is this rod holder any good? B) Will this mount system fit my kayak?

What other rod holders around the $25-$30 price range do you recommend that has a 360 degree rotation?

Thanks for reading.
CamR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:04 AM   #2
chris138
donkey roper

Post pics please
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:25 AM   #3
CamR33
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Post pics please
This is the tracking system on my kayak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0C6AFB25-AA6F-4138-B7C1-A45EBBC20843.jpg (32.8 KB, 59 views)
CamR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:46 PM   #4
FISH11

I prefer Scotty brand rod holders and mounts. If you don't want to add additional mount bases, you can get the Scotty gear track adaptor that allow you to use whatever style of rod holder you prefer on your gear tracks. I personally prefer the Scotty Rocket Launchers. All the Scotty rod holders have multiple splines that allow you to lift and rotate the holder to aim in a different direction (thus allowing 360 mounting). The gear adaptor has a locking feature that releases the holder from the base with just a twist and lift up of the rod holder for removal or repositioning. Here is a link for the track adaptor. You can see all the different rod holder styles that Scotty makes in case the Rocket Launcher is not your style. I added the slip friction discs to my rod holder to allow for endless angle adjustment to the rod holder. P.S. Support OEX / Kayak Fishing Supply, they are who sponsors BWE, for our pleasure. https://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com...ck-adapter-438