Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 05-31-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
carbonbass

Non Yak LJ Report Memorial day

Hi guys, I haven't posted on here in a while. Sorry for the non Kayak report but just wanted to add some intel for those heading to LJ. My next door neighbor just got an inflatable dinghy for his 25hp outboard. We towed it right down to the water and punched through ankle slappers hoping for a yellow or thresher.

Bait was easy to make, we dont have a tube so we just had the bait rigs ready to fire and hooked them up. We trolled around a mac for quite a ways, standard spots NW corner etc. We also threw surface iron till our arms fell off . No love on the bigger game, and didnt see anyone else hooking up, but i did get a sublegal cuda on the surface iron and we caught a calico and a 3LB sandie on some dropper looped cut bait.

We will definitely be heading down there more this summer to nail the right kind.

Hope everyone had a safe exciting memorial day. God bless you if you're a veteran!
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
figbeetle
Junior

I think I saw you outside a bit where the birds were working. I confirm, lots of GB, some small Barrie's, saw one hookup on inside, blue kayak. Couple of times got bit off by something bigger, not sure if seal or shark
figbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote