Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2015, 09:25 AM   #1
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Slow Sunday in Mission Bay

So I decided to take the kayak out on Mission Bay this Sunday and experiment with some new lures and colors. I didn't go as well as planned, my buddy got two 13" spotties on a seniorita colored big hammer on back to back cast, and I was throwing a warbait head with a city shrimp big hammer, nothing all day. switched to a Z-Man Diesel Spinner in new penny and picked up one little spottie. I know the tidal exchange was pretty low this weekend so fishing was a bit slow, but I've never had it that slow. We fished the last 3 hour of the incoming tide and the first couple of the outgoing tide. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as color or lure selection on slow days? Do i need to go with darker baits when the water is more clear? Any suggestions would help, Thanks!
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
jsunmkly
Jason

I know from what others tell me that you should use brighter colors on clear water.
What works for me the best on nice sunny days are white (or clear with glitters).
I'm sure mix of anchovy and sardine colors are great too.
Try using scent like uni-butter...