Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
sling360
Junior

County Line 5/29

After being on here for almost a year I thought it was time for my first post. I've fished all my life (50yrs) mostly rivers in Oregon for Salmon or steelhead using drift boats, numerous 1-2 day SD tuna trips ,countless 3/4 day trips from Santa Barbra to San Diego. But I had never kayak fished. One day aim at County Line with my dog and this guy comes in on a SUP with a 20+ lb YT strapped to the board. His set-up was very simple... board, fishing pole, with a milk crate strapped on as a seat. I thought" I could do that" so I did some research and tried one out. I had no problem paddling around the bay, but couldn't imagine being out to sea trying to fish and constantly having to balance for long periods of time.Gotta hand it to those guys, that's a skill.
Re-thinking things over(fueled by the urge to fish) I realized a kayak would be a better option. That's what brought me here, I've learned everything I know about kayak fishing from this site. So I thank you all!!

Launched today around 6:30-7:00 with a great group of guys I seen a few times before. report said 1-2 ft was more like 2-4 with some larger sets mixed in.Made it through without hitting a wave (dident know it was possible)water was like glass, bait was spotty but managed a few macs.Not much life around so we decided to head out deeper for Reds/rock. Had great results with a few guys getting limits .Came back in to the sound of crashing waves on the beach defiantly 4-5 ft .Thought I was a gonner when I got sideways on a wave but I rode it out and landed my outback on the beach
all in all was a great day!!
sling360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
2-Stix

Perfect day.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
cell128
lizard king

First time at county today good to see you out there I was in the the outback like yours. We couldn't make any bait either so slayed rocks all day good time out there!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
cell128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:38 PM   #4
momo fish

Good to hear... That will build our confidence.... Best part is there are plenty of other beaches nearby to try when one is slow...
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:13 AM   #5
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Nice meeting you out there Rich! Thanks for the macs. Not having a ff yesterday I was trolling a sand dab for a while. Glad the rockfish was good for everyone. Fun launch and landing! Just glad I didn't wipe out or lose anything! Until next time, Cheers! And Happy Memorial Day

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #6
acorad

sling360, sent you an email.

Andy
acorad is offline   Reply With Quote