Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 01-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #21
FISHIONADO

It looks like the OEX Pros knew what they were doing with the camo kayaks, (I never said they didn't). This company sells anti-shark decals for the bottom of your surfboard.

http://www.sharkcamo.com.au/

FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #22
madscientist

Sharks don't like zebras?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:27 PM   #23
Corey

They are also extremely fearful of the gnu, or if you prefer, wildebeest.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #24
aguachico

Quote:
3 foot surf scares me more than 12 foot sharks I am charging up the head cam for tomorrow!
Andy;

I heard big surf is coming in tonight. Let me know what you see. I'm going this weekend.
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #25
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Andy;

I heard big surf is coming in tonight. Let me know what you see. I'm going this weekend.
Art, surf was actually supposed to build late TODAY, then drop again You will probably have the 1-2 foot surf Saturday that was there today.

Thanks to Pat there was PLENTY of elbow room. Thanks for the pic Arne

Old 01-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #26
Dennis

:salut: Andy... There had better be a White on the hook.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #27
Iceman
Administrator

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #28
madscientist

It may be a marlin or a stingray...but it's definitely a game fish...

You're gonna need a bigger boat. 8)
Old 01-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #29
Ryan The Sealion

the hands unite to form a single unit by the simple overlap of the little finger..then lowly and slowly the clubhead led back pulled into position not by the hands, but by the body..which turns away from the target shifting weight to the right side without shifting balance..tempo is everything perfection unattainable as the body coils now theres a slight hesitation...a little nod to the gods...and now the weight begins shifting back to the left pulled by the powers inside the earth, its alive this swing a living sculpture..then down through contact always down...

oh wait wrong movie... :lol:
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #30
dmr

Arne, great photo.
dmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #31
fubar

munched seal

Brought wife and 3yr old son down to the childrens cove to look at the seals that shouldnt be there. I knew he would enjoy it. Got there around 10am and started telling my wife how a yakker spotted a white shark recently and that these plump little turds are great shark bait. A few minutes later a seal comes flying out of the water and up the beach in a big hurry. As it flopped up the beach in pain it was evident why it had done so. There was an oval shaped bite mark about the size of a hula hoop around the seals mid section. The top portion of the bite was very deep and a good chunk was missing. The seal was bleeding pretty bad. A seagul immediately noticed the injury and began plucking away at the shredded wound tearing off chunk by chunk. The seal could not do too much about being plucked to death. Each time the seagul tore off a piece of flesh the seal would wince in pain and the bleeding would increase.

The seal got it in the mid section and it looks like the shark attacked it from underneath, shark week style.

Any how just wanted to share since I have only seen seal corpses on the beach and never a fresh soon to be dead victim. There was a crowd forming so we took off before finding out whether or not Sea World came by to put this seal out of its misery.

I did notice a few scuba divers surfacing just outside the childrens cove and many swimmers outside LJ cove as usual. Gotta think its just a matter of time before someone gets it.
fubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #32
Iceman
Administrator

Seems like the GW is just at the size that it is switching from fish to furry and is not a very good hunter yet. I am not at all worried about the shark, paddling above the water, but I agree that the swimmers may become a victim of mistaken identity.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #33
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

And Sea World probably tried to save the thing too :roll: . They should let nature take its course. Seagulls gotta eat too. I haven't seen this one on the news yet. Last I heard about sharks in the news was the dead seal in OB.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote