Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
dmrides

I suck as a guide

Back in April when the YT bite was going off, I took a friend out for his first ever kayak trip. We were of course targeting yellows. We did not find any, instead he hauled in a 38 lb WSB.

In June when the WSB bite was insane I took my brother out for his first ever yak fishing. We did not get any WSB, but he did manage to bring in a 27 lb yellow.

Today I went out on my friend's 20ft bay cruising boat. He just recently got it and it was the first time that he had ever fished off it. Since the fishing has been a little slow and he didn't want to take it too far, we decided we would go do some rock fishing off Point Loma using frozen squid. After a few small rock fish, my buddy was onto something big, we get it to color and what do you know, it is not a rock fish. Instead it is a 31 lb yellow. Sure was fun to bleed that thing out on his squeaky clean boat.

To me this is a clear indication that as a guide, I have a really big problem with bycatch. Guess I will leave this whole guiding thing to the pros.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote