Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2020, 09:59 PM   #1
Engelwurt
Junior

Fishing outside MB Fri. Jan 1/Intel Request?

So, I'd like to go fish Friday, but the surf for the LJ launch looks dicey at best.

I'm now thinking of launching from MB and fishing for outside for pelagics. I've fished MB before (and a ton in LJ and elsewhere), but never launched in MB ventured outside to fish. I'm looking for any intel that might help out, from those that know the program there, such as:

where to launch: I'm thinking mariners basin, just cause it's closest to the mouth of the bay. Is there somewhere to launch close to the bait receiver that's accessible early?

bay exit/entry conditions and boat traffic: conditions are not ideal. light winds but some short period swell in the water. plus a moderate incoming tide in the morning, and a strong outgoing tide in the afternoon. Am I asking for trouble getting out of the bay? Especially if there's some boat traffic?

bait: where? near the jetties? or the bait receiver? or is it worth picking up a kayak scoop?

fishing: I don't expect that anyone want to give up coordinates, and I can find my way around. Any general pointers here?

Any intel is greatly appreciated, and finally, if anyone wants to go, hit me up.
Engelwurt is offline   Reply With Quote