Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Sherm

yak hoopin 03-01-09

I met up with a buddy of mine (Greg) and did a little hoopin outside SD.
Greg was already on the water when I arrived and we finished the night hoopin together.

It was an incredibly beautiful night out. There was absolutely no wind on the water all night. Good cigar lighting conditions. Pulled a ton of shorts that night and managed four keepers and a bunch of crabs. One good stoagie bit the dust.

The tide was moving out while we hooped and then went slack for the long paddle back. It sucks getting older. About half way back during the paddle I hit what felt like a wall. I felt like such a girl I was getting so fatigued. A five minute rest and I was back at it. I guess that is what happens when you don't get out for a month.

Good times hoopin with Greg and enjoying the night. Threw back a bunch of pasted females. Probably good that the season is coming to an end since the spawn is starting.

The pic is a typical pull. Lots of crabs and shorts. Many nets came up heavy with no keepers to show for it. The four I did manage came on pulls when there was only one or two in the hoop. I still can't figure these bugs out.

peace.

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images

Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
GHOSTHUNTR

Seems to me you have it figured out pretty damn well. Nice work all season on the bugs.
GHOSTHUNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
Sherm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyuptim View Post
Seems to me you have it figured out pretty damn well. Nice work all season on the bugs.

My numbers of bugs have been ok.....just trying to figure the little critters out so I don't have to spend so much time working for them. Gettin lazy in my old age
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
gcsasher
Junior

Good to see you out there again, Like you said lots of shorts for such a long night but all in all we good.
This was my take for the night, 3 Keepers Plus 2 Crabs
Attached Images

gcsasher is offline   Reply With Quote