Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Riskey Water

Friends like this are Rare

I screwed up an opportunity to buy my 15 yearold son Daniel his first kayak last week ,it was used but a good vessel for him .While telling my friend Steve about my misfortune and regrets (because Daniel overheard my plans to get it for him ) Steve offered to sell me his other Hobie Adventure '09' which he had bought for his girlfriend ,who is now an ex, for a mere $500 .I told him that was too cheap to part with and I offered more. He told me that as his friend the balance would be paid just by seeing Daniel's face everytime he fished it or talked about fishing .Friends like this are truely rare and Thanks will never convey how much he is appreciated .The kayak is fully rigged with a Hobie bait tank ,sail ,fishfinder ,PFD , and paddle .Here's to you Steve Thanks Mike
Riskey Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Jzo

Wow, kayakers are really cool!!!
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
trob

Send a message via AIM to trob
i wish i had friends like that.

Siebler wouldnt give me a dollar if I was homeless.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Siebler

Oh Trob you know Nicole and I love you. Ill pay you to pick up Jessies poop if you become homeless.

Props to Steve on the hookup with the yak.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Gigafish

Cool person, not that he just about gave a kayak away but it shows what kind of person he is. Pay it Foward
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
roadx

NICE!!!! now thats a good friend
Old 09-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
Riskey Water

Steve just brought the yak over and threw in 2 poles to boot , what guy .Steve and I have have been friends for 24 years and have riden the ups and downs through life like brothers .Daniel gets home from water polo practice tonight at 7:30 and will then be bestowed a gift that will last him a lifetime and we will take on the ocean together .From personal best fish caught to just spending the time together , Daniel is actually my stepson but he calls me dad anyway and I treat him like my own . Friends and family ,fishing ties the bonds for life ,Will post pics of the moment later
Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

That's beautiful. You are blessed! Now get out there and make memories! Are you fishing the Moyer event?
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
Riskey Water

Fishing Santa Cruz and Santa Rosa Island with 11 of my drunk fishing buddies this Sunday-Tues ,yak fishing ,diving ,and surfing for 3 glorious days .Had to trade work days to pull it off which ment giving up the 11& 12th but we're looking at LJ for the 18th for the boy to become a man.If anything maybe he can pet one of those GWS that has everyone in a frenzy