Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #41
mrJB

100% (and you put it very politely)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #42
BrokeLoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingj View Post
I'm sure the above use of my picture of Big Rich for an avatar was thought of as a compliment by someone who did not take the time to think it out. So let's have a teaching moment in regard to use of pictures on any website. Those that think the personal use of others family (or fishing) pictures without permission is doing them a favor might want to take time to consider that most people would take this as an insensitive act and an invasion of privacy. It is not appropriate to use others family members (especially women and children) for a personal avatar. Just because someone shares a picture they took does not imply permission for use or make it part of the public domain. All of my photos are copyrighted and legally may not be used without permission, a by line, and often a fee. Please do not use any of my photos for your personal use. Thank you.
Wayne
REALLY...REALLY? Is this a joke?
Am I understanding this correctly? Hold on a minute here...I'm confused!
You share a very private life experience and private photo in a public forum with total strangers...most of whom you've never, EVER met or spoken to and my use of your photo as a 1" x 1" square avatar image in the very public forum that you shared within can somehow be considered "an insensitive act" or defaming? Are you lost...Are you kidding? "An invasion of privacy" - "Let's have a teaching moment" for you pal: In the 'real world' when you air private, personal experiences in public, with the public, for some crazy reason the public tends to believe that you wanted your experience made..........yep, you guessed it...PUBLIC...imagine that.
Congratulations to you though, thanks to your complete lack of tact you've done an outstanding job ruining your own thread with a fine display of self righteousness and ego....SO PATHETIC!

Last edited by BrokeLoser; 01-23-2013 at 05:46 AM.
BrokeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #43
Vikingj

Thank you for removing my photo from your avatar. The last thing I'm going to say on this subject is that I'm grateful that the friends I have met on this forum and I do not live in your "real" world.
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #44
yakrider

Wow! what a great story!

http://www.savecafishing.org/
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote