Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Kayak Insurance From Geico

I have been asking around if anyone will be willing to insure my kayak and fishing gear....

Geico Marine was the cheapest one since i am already insured by them....

Although with insurance companies it easier to find out how you are not covered, then to find out how you are covered...

I am not sure if this is the best insurance out there for us kayak fisherman, but they said they cover fishing gear...

Once you spend money on a Hobie, its very clear that a person can not easily replace these kayaks($$$$$) if something happens to them..

Your thoughts would be appreciated...

They said:

"shark attacks are not covered":

Per their email:
"We received your emails. As you requested, Personal Effects coverage to $1,000. The new net annual premium is $164, which is an additional $23 per year. The next coverage option is $3,000. The net annual premium would be $213 with this amount.

Fuel Spill is included automatically in the policy and cannot be removed. Damage to the boat caused by marine life would not be covered. We would cover property damage as a consequence of this type loss. The policy reads as follows:

5. Exclusions: This insurance does not cover: a. Any loss caused directly or indirectly by wear and tear, gradual deterioration,
mechanical or electrical breakdown, overheating, galvanic action, rot, mold or mildew, corrosion, electrolysis, weathering,
marring, scratching, denting, vermin, animals, marine life, or insects; however, “we” will cover immediate consequential
“property damage” resulting from any fire, explosion, sinking, demasting, collision or stranding;

If you have any questions, please call us. We can be reached at 1-800-283-2883 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Sincerely,

The GEICO Marine Insurance Staff
880 S. Pickett St.
PO Box 28000
Alexandria, VA 22304-0700
877-581-2628 Office
703-461-4671 Fax
boatdocs@geicomarine.com

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 02-21-2017 at 10:58 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
cabojohn
PROBATION

/\
That's expensive!

FWIW- Your homeowners or renters insurance covers your kayak and fishing gear. (providing you have homeowners or renters insurance...subject to your deductible)

*The coverage would fall under personal property.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
Dingokevin

Yup my home owner covered my yak and gear when it was stolen last summer minus my 250 deductible. 50,000 in coverage for about 250 a year with Mercury

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Dingokevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
GTboosted

I have renter's insurance but I also tow my kayak so I asked about insurance.

6k coverage for PA and trailer.
2k in gear
100k liability
20k medical in case I get injured on the kayak

It's $97 a year with a $100 deductible thru State Farm.
GTboosted is offline   Reply With Quote