Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2020, 06:06 AM   #1
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

Saw your skiff on the beach but missed ya. The swell was super bad! 4' easy. Almost capsized at 80', had not seen it that bad in a long time. Managed a limit of goats though... Hopefully the weather forecast is more accurate next time! Cheers!
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:05 AM   #2
FISH11

Yeah when I was setting up and launched there were around 5 other kayaks I saw. A couple guys were having problems in trying to surf launch. The surf height wasn't bad at 6:45 but the intervals were close. I couldn't believe how high the swells got. Some times when drifting as a tall one would come up, it seemed as if I could reach out and touch the top of the peak just as the Solo floated right up the face of the swell and the swell had gone under the Solo. That was a wild ride that could have been fun if dress in waterproof gear. Congrats on the sheeps limit, that's some nice meals there.

Last edited by FISH11; 11-13-2020 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling typo
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

I help the guy who had a hard time, it was his first time in LJ. Trying to paddle a large Hobie outis not the best plan, use the pedals!
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #4
FISH11

Yeah, that's what I told him. I was telling him, put your drive in, that his legs have more power than his arms. Told him not to even use the paddle. He fell off twice in front of me, so I had to hold my launch until he was clear. You must have been the guy I saw come over to help him.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:12 PM   #5
FullFlavorPike

Wish I could take my doggo fishing but he's a big stink who jumps in the water to chase whatever's floating, and he would probably try to eat the bait lol.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote