Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Heroes On The Water - So Cal Chapter

Old 07-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #41
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Fish Needed for August/ September 2015 Events

With all the yellowtail being caught and posted about please think of HOW if you have extras please let the HOW coordinators or me know ( I have a large chest freezer and I am currently storing fish for HOW events) We currently don't have enough in my freezer for the next event, we have about 1/2 of the amount needed for the next event in August. Nothing for the event in October. So please let SoCal HOW leadership know if you have some extras, and we can coordinate your donation.

Thanks,
Bernie

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #42
ful-rac
Emperor

It's probably gonna be easier to set aside a day where all fish will be donated like the rockfish round up. Put something together Bernie!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:20 AM   #43
FARRIER

bernie im in clairemont and have fish for you guys.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #44
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
It's probably gonna be easier to set aside a day where all fish will be donated like the rockfish round up. Put something together Bernie!
I'm up for it.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:18 AM   #45
summers in kuwait

Fish

I would like to donate some fish to HOW.
Im located near El Cajon/La Mesa area.

Todd
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #46
RookieYakker

I think that ful-rac is a regular donator, (I'm not sure if that's a word, but you get it...). If you ahven't heard already, send him a PM
RookieYakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:58 AM   #47
captnblood34

There are lots of folks here involved in HOW. If you haven't already found someone to take your donated fish for the SoCal Chapter, PM me and I can help put you in touch with someone who can.

J
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:49 PM   #48
FISH11

Smile Fish Donation to HOW

As I had hoped when I went fishing to La Jolla on Tuesday the 19th. I got lucky and landed a couple of nice Yellowtail. One about 33lbs and the other about 29lbs, both were fun to catch and were bled and gutted on the water. Came in to the launch and since that was too much weight on the front of the Cuda 14 to lift by the T handle and pull through the sand. I bunged them to the back of the kayak to set the extra weight behind the kayak cart. Of course that only led to the tourist asking " Is that a Tuna?" Fu** **, "Did you catch that out here?" Fu** **, "Can I take a picture of it?" Fu** yes!. Even before going out I already had decided I was going to donate the fish to HOW and I had wanted to get more than one to donate. I got my wish and so will HOW. The fillets are already vacuum sealed in two large bags and frozen. It came to 16.4lbs of fish for the HOW events. If I get some more next week they will also go to HOW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0142_2.jpg (84.8 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0144.jpg (64.1 KB, 126 views)
Old 04-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #49
Heroes On The Water
Non Profit Organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
As I had hoped when I went fishing to La Jolla on Tuesday the 19th. I got lucky and landed a couple of nice Yellowtail. One about 33lbs and the other about 29lbs, both were fun to catch and were bled and gutted on the water. Came in to the launch and since that was too much weight on the front of the Cuda 14 to lift by the T handle and pull through the sand. I bunged them to the back of the kayak to set the extra weight behind the kayak cart. Of course that only led to the tourist asking " Is that a Tuna?" Fu** **, "Did you catch that out here?" Fu** **, "Can I take a picture of it?" Fu** yes!. Even before going out I already had decided I was going to donate the fish to HOW and I had wanted to get more than one to donate. I got my wish and so will HOW. The fillets are already vacuum sealed in two large bags and frozen. It came to 16.4lbs of fish for the HOW events. If I get some more next week they will also go to HOW.
WOW.... Thanks Mark. That's very generous and congratulations on the double!

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Heroes On The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:59 AM   #50
Kayak_Bernie

Fish Donations Needed

Hi all,

Please let me know if you have any recent catches that are vacuum sealed and frozen. The SoCal HOW chapter depends on your generous donations to feed our veterans and volunteers! So if you have a little extra please think about donating it to HOW!!

Thanks,
Bernie

Safety Director
Old 06-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #51
HobieOneCanoebe

calico

Do you guys want Calico or Spotted bass legal size of course I catch alot normally just let them go
HobieOneCanoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #52
Kayak_Bernie

Let them grow up :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieOneCanoebe View Post
Do you guys want Calico or Spotted bass legal size of course I catch alot normally just let them go

Thanks for thinking of us, but no need to keep any of the bass species (Calico, spotted, sand) They are best left to be caught again. We get great donations of yellowtail, white seabass and halibut. Those species are typically big enough to have extras. So if you get extras of one of those please let us know if you would like to donate to HOW. We really appreciate the willingness of BWE members to supply our fish for the veterans and volunteers!

-Bernie

Safety Director
Old 08-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #53
Sheephead

Are you guys still accepting fish? My freezer is full of YT and since I'm fairly new to kayaking still I'd still like to keep the 25+ pounders for my kayaking diary! I fish 4-5 days a week so if I keep one to give away I'd chose not to fillet it. It would only be bled, gutted, and iced. Is that ok?
Sheephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #54
Kayak_Bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheephead View Post
Are you guys still accepting fish? My freezer is full of YT and since I'm fairly new to kayaking still I'd still like to keep the 25+ pounders for my kayaking diary! I fish 4-5 days a week so if I keep one to give away I'd chose not to fillet it. It would only be bled, gutted, and iced. Is that ok?
Hey there,

we currently aren't accepting donations that aren't filleted and vacuumed sealed. Because all of us are volunteers, we usually don't have time to filet and deal with breaking down a big fish. I really appreciate the offer and if you would like to donate sealed and filleted fish please dont hesitate to let me know. This is not meant to be a pain, but we want the freshest fish for our vets and we previously have had issues with improperly stored fish and non-fileted fish which make the event day very difficult.

Thanks for thinking of us, and we always love new volunteers to our events! Come see us this Saturday at Tidelands Park at 7 am

Cheers,

Bernie

Safety Director
Old 10-09-2016, 06:34 AM   #55
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
I can bring some....

Shrimp ceviche tostadas and
Yt salad with crackers for October 22 tidelands