Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #21
Famous2146

So much great information I'm super excited to get out there and fish these lures.
Famous2146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #22
taggermike

I love fishing the surface iron. Bass, cuda, bonito, yellowtail, even tuna; its all good. As for brand/color I like tady 45, ironman ss litewieght, and salas 7x. Mint green, b/w, bird shit, and sardine are about it There are some other lite irons I use some times. I have a couple of tady AAs. They are very small and tough to cast but are great when the fish are on smallbait. Salas 6x jr lite is a mid sized iron that has worked for me. Cuda aren't usually a big target species if they're around you gotta have a tady C with fixed single hook in blue/White or blAck n white. Yoyo irons for me are mostly salas 6x jr and tady 9. Blue and white. I also like to have a few smaller heavies like UFO and ironman 2s and 3s these jigs. Are good on a fast retrieve just under the surface. When YT are on micro bait or krill and won't eat a big surface iron they will bite a small white heavy iron on a fast grind, some times anyway. Another verisital heavy iron is a dart or megabait style. Yoyo, flutter, surface grind, bottom bounce. They can do it all. Ok, I rambled. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote