Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
kurtfish

Emails to Gov. Brown FAILED to be delivered

E-mail received today from Alyssa Hausman,Policy Fellow
American Sportfishing Association

Thank you very much for taking action on this important issue. KeepAmericaFishing is working hard to minimize access closures in California due to the MLPA, and we would be unable to do so without the support of anglers like you.

It has come to my attention that emails opposing Richard Rogers' reappointment have been bouncing back. I assure you that the email address they are being sent to is correct, but that so many anglers have been sending letters of opposition, that Governor Brown's assistant has blocked them from her inbox. We are continuing to collect emails through KeepAmericaFishing and will make sure that these do make their way into the correct hands.

Some are suggesting we send via snail mail instead.

Governor, California
c/o State Capitol
Sacramento, CA 95814

If you would like to take further action and ensure that Governor Brown's staff is aware of you opinions, I encourage you to contact him through http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php. The alert on KeepAmericaFishing has been updated so that anglers may continue to submit comments through this website.

Thank you again for your support and for helping to keep KeepAmericaFishing working as efficiently and effectively as possible. Keep an eye out for future communication from KeepAmericaFishing as we continue to keep you updated on the MLPA implementation process.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best,
Alyssa

Alyssa Hausman
Policy Fellow
225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 420
Alexandria, VA 22314
703-519-9691 Ext. 244
Fax: 703-519-1872
ahausman@asafishing.org

kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Billy V

Maybe we should call Commissioner Daniel Richards and ask him where to E-Mail the letters.....

Give it a try - call or e mail the man and ask.
-I'm sure he would like to see that assh*le kicked off the commission.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
kurtfish

Cut and Paste inot Word and print hard copy to mail

Letter drafted by Keep America Fish, Edit or shorten as you may wish

January 7, 2011

Governor Brown
c/o State Capitol, suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Governor Brown:

I am writing to oppose the reappointment of Richard Rogers to the California Fish and Game Commission. As one of California’s 760,000 saltwater anglers, I am troubled by his failure to address the real threats to California’s ocean resources and his bias against recreational fishing. His strong support for the flawed Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) Initiative process, even after disclosures of his participation in non-public meetings where critical decisions were made, renders him unfit to serve California
lace’s citizens.

Further, his cavalier attitude to the loss of jobs and economic losses that the MLPA will cause in these dire economic times demonstrates that he is no friend to working-class Californians. Rogers’ blind dedication to the anti-job MLPA could not be swayed even by a personal plea from Commissioner Jim Kellogg to save “just one fisherman’s job,” especially with our state’s unemployment rate at 12.4 percent.

The MLPA will severely reduce recreational fishing opportunity in California which threatens the 20,000 jobs that it supports. With a current deficit of almost $30 billion, the state cannot afford the necessary enforcement, biological monitoring and public outreach – currently estimated by the Department of Fish and Game to be $40 million annually – of proposed MLPA regulations.

In addition, Rogers has ignored numerous Department of Fish and Game reports that none of California’s fisheries are in crisis. California’s marine fish stocks have improved dramatically over the past twenty years as a result of successful fisheries management practices. In the waters of California, there is not one marine fish stock currently experiencing overfishing and the few stocks still under stress are rebuilding due to strict fisheries management and conservation plans. Fishery management in California is working, and recreational fishing closures are not needed. California's citizens are better served by focusing on habitat loss and environmental pollutants than denying them the right to access public resources.

Given these numerous concerns, I urge you to replace Richard Rogers with a commissioner who will both conserve California’s natural resources and be mindful of the impact of new regulations on its citizens.

Thank you for your consideration.
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
Jimmyz123

I'm going Snail Mail
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
DanaPT

I've just snail mailed mine. . .

I hope it's not too late to make a difference.

Thanks to those taking on the fight head-on. I hope common-sense will prevail and that recreational fishermen and our coveted fishing areas will remain open to .
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
wade

send both!!

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

"So many anglers have been sending letters of opposition, that Governor Brown's assistant has blocked them from her inbox."

So the new Governor's assistant wants to isolate her boss from opinions voiced by the citizens of California. I wonder if she did this on her own or was directed by some higher authority.

Anyone else bothered by this? At least the previous guy pretended to listen.

My third email from the KAF site bounced back so the block is still on. I will try sending directly from the Gov's web site along with snail mail.

Bob

Last edited by dsafety; 01-07-2011 at 02:24 PM.
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
PAL

Exactly.

Please go the Governor’s webpage at http://www.gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php , type in “Please Do Not Reappoint Richard Rogers to the FGC” in the subject block, complete the webform and submit.

It is always a good idea to follow up with an old fashioned snail mail.

Governor Jerry Brown
c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814

For extra emphasis, give this number a call: (916) 445-2841
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
Socalrobt

Emails sent multiple times and snail mail is on its way out.
Socalrobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
"So many anglers have been sending letters of opposition, that Governor Brown's assistant has blocked them from her inbox."

So the new Governor's assistant wants to isolate her boss from opinions voiced by the citizens of California. I wonder if she did this on her own or was directed by some higher authority.

Anyone else bothered by this? At least the previous guy pretended to listen.

My third email from the KAF site bounced back so the block is still on. I will try sending directly from the Gov's web site along with snail mail.

Bob
Yeah, you bet we are. Too many to handle, or arbitrary decision, not wanting to deal with them?
What side is she on? She because it was her inbox.
Our printer is down, so we'll have to hand write the letter to ensure it gets there.
We hope they don't decide to throw out the snail mail too, because there's too many letters to open.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #11
PAL

Quote:
E-mail received today from Alyssa Hausman,Policy Fellow

Thank you very much for taking action on this important issue. KeepAmericaFishing is working hard to minimize access closures in California due to the MLPA, and we would be unable to do so without the support of anglers like you.

It has come to my attention that emails opposing Richard Rogers' reappointment have been bouncing back. I assure you that the email address they are being sent to is correct, but that so many anglers have been sending letters of opposition, that Governor Brown's assistant has blocked them from her inbox. We are continuing to collect emails through KeepAmericaFishing and will make sure that these do make their way into the correct hands.
As I mentioned earlier, Keep America Fishing will hand-deliver hard copies of the emails if necessary.

Thanks everyone for excellent response. If you haven't done so yet, there's still time to enlist your friends and family into the cause.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #12
T-Rex

Got some help from family and friends. So far I've been able to get five family members and seven friends to send emails and hard copies to the new gov opposing the reappointment of Rogers. Even got some of my enviro-nut lib relatives to participate. Just printed out modified letters for everyone that strongly opposed Rogers, that stressed the need to focus on good fisheries management and emphasized the importance of protecting the environment from pollution. Got everyone to sign their letter and dropped them in the mail yesterday.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #13
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

Communication

You may find this interesting regarding emails and letters. Dont get me wrong I am trying to communicate too. We all want to enjoy the natural resources we have and pass that down to future generations. Just food for thought.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/communicatingtips.xpd

Sent out my communications to
Governor Brown
c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173, Sac, CA 95814

Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher
9909 Miramesa Bl, suite 130, SD 92123
StateCapitol, Room 2130, Sacramento,CA 94249-0075

Senator Mark Wyland
27126A Paseo Espada, Suite 1621, San Juan Capistrano,CA92675
State Capitol, Room 4048, Sac, CA 94248-0001

Hopefully someone listens...

Last edited by tunaseeker; 01-09-2011 at 07:27 AM.
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote